12 replies to this topic

#1 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

Ok,so now that I've got your attention,lol......yes it's actually a cougar,but it's SW Alberta,about 80km SW of CGY.
My co-worker and his buddy were calling coyotes the other day,had this big'ol kitty in to 2 yards from the MOJO Critter.Pretty cool experience, not something you see every day,even in AB.
EED0C417-5B7B-403C-A411-62979A78D5A1_zps

The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

#2 Critter

Critter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:40 AM

Cool....!

#3 Bowtech

Bowtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1610 posts
  • LocationBelleisle Creek

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

nice, not often you can get such a pic, unless it's NB :lol:

Bowtech Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

#4 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:00 PM

LoL...this forum needs a like button.^^

I was out for yotes this morn and smoked one mangy bassturd @200y,then called in another to 300 a few stands later but he pulled a Houdini on me in a coulee straight downwind never to be see again....argggggg!!
Good mornin nonetheless,1 outta 2 dirt napped on 5 stands,seen 2 moose and 35 muleys? :)

The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

#5 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

A few pics from this morn....

Mangy bassturd died here(did him a favor)

E58C7BC5-FC52-442C-9FD3-2103C4A1A401_zps

Houdiniville....sumbitch came to howler on a string from the treeline top middle frame(8-900m?) right up that creek bottom ditch dead Center of pic left of the first clump of trees (300y)and dissapeared(I was 50yds down fence line to right).Pic taken from SW looking NE...wind SW....Fack!!
5030CDD8-FE77-46A4-B263-B03DE14AD49A_zps

.....and just some SW AB coyote country scenery...THE MOST appropriately named place in the East Slope Rockies Foothills....Longview,AB :D
7DF13844-B1A5-41ED-83A8-430192082938_zps
28449888-FDF0-4835-9BB8-F8B15C2CC9E7_zps

#6 daveyn

daveyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationHarewood NB

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

AB, tell me that picture looking at the mountains is taken on Township road 180 south of Longview ?

If you keep doing what you've always done you'll keep getting what you've always got...

#7 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

AB, tell me that picture looking at the mountains is taken on Township road 180 south of Longview ?

EXACTLY!!

#8 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:26 PM

I thought you lived near RMH when you were out here?
How in F did you bang on nail a gravel road shortcut off the beaten path south of Longview FFS??
Amazing,lol

#9 daveyn

daveyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationHarewood NB

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:32 PM

I never lived in Rocky just spent a lot of time hunting up there. I own property outside of Longview, I'm not saying you were standing in my driveway, but if you're a half decent shot with a rifle and you turned around and faced east you could probably hit my mailbox from there.. Check out this pic taken on a day that wasn't quite as clear as the day you were there.

http://s749.photobuc...35ldva.jpg.html

If you keep doing what you've always done you'll keep getting what you've always got...

#10 daveyn

daveyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationHarewood NB

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Here we go, pretty much the same pic....

DSCN2301_zpsbp35ldva.jpg

#11 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:49 PM

Small world.

#12 bucksnducks

bucksnducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:40 AM

Nice pics Dave....not often you carry a camera (without ruining it)

#13 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

Nice pics Dave....not often you carry a camera (without ruining it)

LOL.....just iPhone pics,always got that with me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users