Anyone got lucky yet this deer season ?

#2 Canyon

Canyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

No dice. out of 4 different sites. I've had 2 does at site one. Site 2 - 1 doe. Site 3 - Doe and Fawn. And site 4 - had a 4 point buck and 3 deer but no blind built there. So going to switch spots this weekend. But they haven't been moving too hot in my area. Hoping that chances I'm on vacation for 9 days.

#3 gone hunting

gone hunting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Locationnb

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Got a nice 8 point the other day, finally after many years of eating tag soup...lolResized_20171025_200229_zpsah4dla4e.jpg

#4 good old boy

good old boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationSalisbury

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Same as last year. Lots of doe's so far. No bucks. Seems to me the buck to doe ratio is way outta wack.
I guess we're all gonna be what we're gonna be, so what do ya do with good old boys like me (Don Williams).

#5 good old boy

good old boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationSalisbury

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

Or at least the age structure of the heard is skewed. My surprised the amount of doe's I've seen so far without fawns.
I guess we're all gonna be what we're gonna be, so what do ya do with good old boys like me (Don Williams).

#6 Pat

Pat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMemramcook, N.B

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Got a 9 point on saturday morning

#7 44mag

44mag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSalisbury

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Tagged out on a 5 point yesterday and son tagged out on a big bodied spike horn . Rattled both in

#8 trapper

trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationN.B

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Shot a nice 10 pointer this morning playing with a doe call came right in, coulda been coincidence lol.

#9 Chipie

Chipie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

I saw lots of does. All had 2 fawns. A spike on the first week, a few small bucks (too far to shoot) and settled for a buck with one antler with 4 points on it for meat in the last week of the season. No trophy but i had some fun.

#10 abuckisabuck

abuckisabuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

While hunting, I saw 3 deer: a spike, a doe and a 6 point. I harvested the six point on a season saving still hunt.. I thought he was a stump twice before he moved a bit. On the last friday, I helped my buddy track a buck and a doe in the snow. We were on them 10 minutes into it. The doe kept showing herself within feet of us and snorting to get our attention and draw us away. We could hear the buck grunting to her at kissing close range. This happened at least 3 or 4 times... I tell you he had a knack for standing in the most invisible spot right in front of us. sadly it was late in the day and the looming darkness pulled the plug on the show but, was the highlight of my season even considering my filled tag.

#11 Chipie

Chipie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

Well it sounds like you had a great time chasing that big buck. And you got some good meat too. That's a successful season in my book.

#12 abuckisabuck

abuckisabuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

Was indeed. It was also a wonderful and refreshing change from the drudgery that stand hunting becomes when deer are so scarce as they are today especially in the north woods where I hunt. It was certainly exhilarating to get onto a buck on two back to back hunts from the ground. That's a rare treat these days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deer, season, hunting, tag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users