Crow Hunting Fredericton.... - Other Harvestable Wildlife - New Brunswick Hunting

Photo

Crow Hunting Fredericton....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BMckay

BMckay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hi, just looking for a good area to blast some crows around Freddy Beach not really sure where to go. I see them in the woods but it seems to be rare and they usually don't stick around very long. Thanks in advance for any responses!

#2 Limit

Limit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationGFY

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

200 meters away, in any direction from the Fredericton Landfill! Have fun

#3 utopiahunter

utopiahunter

utopiahunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1446 posts
  • Locationlake utopia

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

get a crow call blow in it and wait they will come.

#4 ARSENO

ARSENO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

get a crow call blow in it and wait they will come.

X2

I bought the primos old crow and they love it, doesnt take more then 5 mins to get them flying over me

#5 browning

browning

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Locationriverview

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:12 AM

X2

I bought the primos old crow and they love it, doesnt take more then 5 mins to get them flying over me

We went out coyote hunting last week and the rabbit in distress call brought the crows in. Giver a try.

#6 Hunter94

Hunter94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationRiverview, NB

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

I've used a call in areas that I couldn't even seen a crow and they usually still come. As well, I made a half dozen silhouette decoys out of coreplast and painted them black. It seems to keep the crows coming back for longer after the shooting starts.

Half of the decoys are the shape of a crow sitting in a tree. I attached 20 lb test fishing line to those and then a good size fishing weight to the other end. To set up you just unravel the string, throw the weight over a branch up in the tree where you want the decoy to go and then pull it up.

#7 BMckay

BMckay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

can any one confirm the distance from the dump that you have to be? in the hunting handbook it says same as normal regulations does that mean that there is a special regulation for the fredericton dump?

#8 utopiahunter

utopiahunter

utopiahunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1446 posts
  • Locationlake utopia

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

400m unless its in town limits then there may be a bylaw...

#9 Limit

Limit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationGFY

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

Just checked it out in the book. 200 meters with the shotgun... No special regulations for the Freddy dump.

#10 nbbucks

nbbucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationKeswick Ridge

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

We have thousands in the fall that roost on campus overnight. They always come from down river.
"Some people say, well I got meat for my freezer. Well I say how about a big rack for the wall." Legendary Vermont deer hunter.......Larry Benoit

#11 Broadside

Broadside

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOromocto

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

I'm in the same boat, found out theirs no varmint hunting at cfb gagetown this year and started looking for a place to get some crow.

#12 Farmer260

Farmer260

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

The Islands in Keswick are GREAT Crow hunting! Just set up on the edge of a corn field (doesnt even need to be on the islands) and let the games begin! The crows eat the corn so the farmers like people shooting them. Just take a look around and make sure you are the min distance away from houses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users