2 replies to this topic

#1 Olsilver

Olsilver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

Go and visit www.conservationcouncil.ca and read the March 14 newsletter. It is worth a read and get in touch with the Minister of Natural Resources.
Thanks

#2 nbbucks

nbbucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationKeswick Ridge

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Way to go neighbours!

Nova Scotia recently announced that they will no longer fund herbicide spraying of their forest and they will reduce the proportion of wood harvested by clearcutting to 50 % over a 5 year period. Last September, P.E.I. announced it will pursue Forest Stewardship Council certification for all of its public forest; this would mean banning clearcutting and herbicide spraying. With almost 90 % of its forested land under public ownership, Quebec banned herbicide spraying of its forest in 2001. New Brunswick should follow its neighbours and move away from destructive forestry.

What is wrong with the NB gov!
"Some people say, well I got meat for my freezer. Well I say how about a big rack for the wall." Legendary Vermont deer hunter.......Larry Benoit

#3 BUCK HORNS

BUCK HORNS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationGrand-Falls N-B

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Way to go neighbours!

Nova Scotia recently announced that they will no longer fund herbicide spraying of their forest and they will reduce the proportion of wood harvested by clearcutting to 50 % over a 5 year period. Last September, P.E.I. announced it will pursue Forest Stewardship Council certification for all of its public forest; this would mean banning clearcutting and herbicide spraying. With almost 90 % of its forested land under public ownership, Quebec banned herbicide spraying of its forest in 2001. New Brunswick should follow its neighbours and move away from destructive forestry.

What is wrong with the NB gov!

Well guys <IRVING> control the N-B gov and probebly hown 75% of the province.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users