#1 Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationKill Zone

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Picked up a road kill beaver this week and took it out to my bait, just very puzzled about the notches in each side of her tail, i seem to remember seeing damaged tails before but it was like someone took a knife and cut two or three notches down each side 2-3 inch deep.They have totally healed and must have happened a long while ago, just wondering if anyone has seen this or similar injuries and what would cause them?Thanks Kev

#2 trapper2011

trapper2011

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

it is from fighting with each outher.

#3 NBG

NBG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

Definitely from fighting. If the tail is 5" wide and no damage you can sell them with your fur in the fall. They make wallets out of them.

I havent found a roadkill beaver yet. Surprised.

Get out and enjoy the outdoors

#4 Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationKill Zone

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

This is the second road kill beaver ive seen in a couple weeks, the first i saw was probably the largest beaver i ever saw and regretted not picking it up for bait and returned to get it a few hours later and it was already picked up.I seen another this week walking on the edge of a road near a small brook.High water must be keeping them on the high ground, LOL

#5 takin'time

takin'time

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSussex

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Beavers injure their tails when they use it as a wedge when they fall trees :lol:

I saw a beaver road killed on the bridge in Jemseg years ago I think he was trying to get to the other side

Sorry could not resist

#6 TheCoachZed

TheCoachZed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

This is the second road kill beaver ive seen in a couple weeks, the first i saw was probably the largest beaver i ever saw and regretted not picking it up for bait and returned to get it a few hours later and it was already picked up.I seen another this week walking on the edge of a road near a small brook.High water must be keeping them on the high ground, LOL

Hahahah, I think I mighta got that one, Ridge Runner. Was it near Prince of Wales?

#7 BarnNB

BarnNB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Roadkill beaver - welcome to Canada:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sekLEG8xsOs

#8 TSINB

TSINB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Wanna be careful guys been down this road already this year,there are many reading-road kill cant be picked up its illegal.you mean you moved out of the way as not to cause an accident!

#9 Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationKill Zone

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

You can report me TSINB, i'dtake this one to court for fun...3 yrs ago come on man.Lighten up!

#10 MountEagle Outfitters

MountEagle Outfitters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

TSINB is right , its ok to pick up Furbearer road-kill only if its in season and you have a licence , otherwise same penalty as poaching.

It would be pretty crappy to lose your hunting privileges over a slice of road pizza.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users