nbbucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationKeswick Ridge

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ban-lifted.html

What a putz. I wonder how much money Irving has stuffed into his pocket. Nice excuse Northrup.
"Some people say, well I got meat for my freezer. Well I say how about a big rack for the wall." Legendary Vermont deer hunter.......Larry Benoit

#2 bokster

bokster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

unbelievable!! This is a disgrace...

#3 I'M a Proffesional

I'M a Proffesional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

They are Bumm Buddy's

#4 Resourceful Redneck

Resourceful Redneck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationRiverview New Brunswick

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Whoa now boys! Don't be so quick to judge here. Do you think for a minute he would have made the intitial announcement if he was planning on having to change it 2 weeks later? Not a chance in hell. Save your critizism for the real culprit here and I think we know who that is. Putting Northrup and the government over a barrell is playing dirty, but when you can throw the entire private woodlot industry in the toilet with the stroke of a pen and the threat of closures and job losses, I would like to know what actions anyone else would do differently.

#5 bokster

bokster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Wasn't judging anyone just the situation.

#6 mortimer

mortimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHarcourt n.b.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

unfriggin beleaveable!!!!!!!!!!! NO G.D. BALLS,!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_< they are cutting behind my house, it didn't look to bad, just taking the big stuff. Now they will flatten the dam thing :angry: :(

#7 I'M a Proffesional

I'M a Proffesional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Nothrup is a coward like most politicians.I agree with above post no balls.

#8 Scoot

Scoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Northrup is a liar and an a-hole just like the last one that was in his position. Years ago people use to attempt assassination on politicians like this.

Must of only taken 2 weeks to get his pockets filled by the Irving bunch. Same crap different year.

I told everybody on here last year when everybody was writing letters to prevent this and I was right. It didn't matter one bit.

The continued forest practise is one of the reasons Rod Cumberland quit. Didn't matter what anybody says. The politicians and Irving want to get rich on our expense.

#9 Resourceful Redneck

Resourceful Redneck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

You guys have it all wrong about Northrup. Like the old saying goes, walk a mile in his shoes. Everyone calling him or any politician and A-hole has NO IDEA what the deal is. Guys, it's not the politicians, its the system. It would make you puke if you could see how the bureacracy ties a person's hands. It's easy to lay blame, but not until we understand how much of a mess the system is will we understand what a crappy job these guys have on their hands. And there are no politicians pockets filled here, but I think we all know who's pockets are getting filled as they laugh at all of us knowing that they have the power and can do what they want.

#10 Resourceful Redneck

Resourceful Redneck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

In fact boys, lets go one step further. Tell me this. What would we do or say if he held firm on the crown wood ban? Next step, mills close and major layoffs. What kind of outcry would there be then when you or your neighbor cashes his last paycheck and applies for UI. And that was what would happen, mark my words and anyone posting here that knows the industry knows I'm right. So, what is the lesser of two evils, I ask you?

#11 Riverboy

Riverboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSalmon River,Chipman

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

After the shrinkage experienced in the forest industry,I say let the king of N.B. carry out his threats and we will just have to bite the bullet
and let it play out. It shouldn't be too tough for N.Bers to take another hit for the good later on down the road. After all, we ARE maritimers and we should be used to the hard times.
Do you really think the king is going to pull completely out of the forest industry? I think not. And yes, Northrup is the point man and him and his party will feel the wrath of the voters next
election. If we keep kicking them out,then someday someone will grow the gonads to stand up to the king and say 'No More!' Just my two cents worth.

#12 Resourceful Redneck

Resourceful Redneck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Riverboy;
You make some very good points. I agree with you that they would never pull out, but what the hell would we do if they squeezed just hard enough and dropped 100 or so of our hard working folks out on the street. They can certainly afford to do that and force our hand so that they would get what they want. Frustrating as hell for sure. But kicking out one government to put in another is like changing socks with holes in the toe, for a pair with holes in the heel! I dont have the answers but I do recognize how complex an issue this is and I do know for a fact that Northrup was trying to protect private woodlots when he shut off crown land 2 weeks ago, and then when squeezed with the threat of regular joes forced onto the street, he did what he did to protect those jobs. Talk about a rock and a helluva hard place. The world of politics is full of horses hind ends, but Northrup is a friend of the outdoorsman. He did his best to hold the forest conservation plan and cut back softwood quotas. He is trying to allow more folks to enjoy our sport by making the hunting age 12, and he even sat fully dressed in camo in a turkey blind in Maine to see the benifits of bringing the hunt to NB. In my opinion, that constitutes a DNR Minister that is TRYING to do the right thing despite having to wear handcuffs most of the time. Everyone has raised legitimate concerns and I'm frigging mad too about stuff but lets work together guys. There is a lot on the line and everytime I see my son pick up a gun and head to the woods with me I realize that protecting our sport is about much more than a partridge or a trout in the pan. Thanks for letting me rant!

#13 Bam

Bam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSouthern NB

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

well said Riverboy IMO well said...on another note did any one here when the age limit is getting lowered for young hunters in the province Mr Northrup had told a crowd at a banquet i attended and said it would be done this spring and have not herd anything about it sense i hopoe he does not change his mind on this as well...cheers Bam

#14 abuckisabuck

abuckisabuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

You guys have it all wrong about Northrup. Like the old saying goes, walk a mile in his shoes. Everyone calling him or any politician and A-hole has NO IDEA what the deal is. Guys, it's not the politicians, its the system. It would make you puke if you could see how the bureacracy ties a person's hands. It's easy to lay blame, but not until we understand how much of a mess the system is will we understand what a crappy job these guys have on their hands. And there are no politicians pockets filled here, but I think we all know who's pockets are getting filled as they laugh at all of us knowing that they have the power and can do what they want.

It is a mess and no, Northrup is not to blame for the system but he is a cog in the wheel and it seems he has powerful forces pulling at his strings. He is a good ol' boy who owes his career to Irving, you see Irving rescued him from a fizzled hockey career at at time when he was hiring tall strapping jocks. Now that his hometown elected their local hockey hero, all of a sudden Arseneault(decidedly not an Irving man) is kicked out of natural resources and Northrup is in. Did anyone expect anything different? and does anyone believe this is coincidence? I'm sure there's more to come form Mr Northrup and it may be beyond his control but let us not have any illusions here, he is where he is for a purpose.

#15 abuckisabuck

abuckisabuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

well said Riverboy IMO well said...on another note did any one here when the age limit is getting lowered for young hunters in the province Mr Northrup had told a crowd at a banquet i attended and said it would be done this spring and have not herd anything about it sense i hopoe he does not change his mind on this as well...cheers Bam

I emailed Bruce Nothrup on this, I'll let you know what I get back from his office.

#16 chadman

chadman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern New Brunswick

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

I emailed Bruce Nothrup on this, I'll let you know what I get back from his office.

what are you guys referring to? in the 2011 guide it says 16 is the age for applying/buying for moose/deer/bear license. was it being lowered lower than that?

Edited by chadman, 29 June 2012 - 01:14 PM.

QDM - Plant a seed - make a difference

Hoyt Trykon XL @ 70lbs.. 2219 @ 29 in.. Muzzy 4 Blade 125gr = game, death... match!!

#17 mortimer

mortimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHarcourt n.b.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

You said it Riverboy call there Bluff! At the rate they are going it won't matter in a few years anyways!! :angry:

#18 abuckisabuck

abuckisabuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

what are you guys referring to? in the 2011 guide it says 16 is the age for applying/buying for moose/deer/bear license. was it being lowered lower than that?

Bruce Northrup basically said that the age would be lowered to 12 for the small game license and presumably certain other licenses; not too much detail. None of this has been repeated since, spring has come and gone and the minimum age for the hunter's safety cource remains at 13. I think I already know the answer to the email I'm waiting for and, like mortimer sais, it likely won't matter soon.

#19 Scoot

Scoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

BroadSideBlaster

You will have a different view of Northrup in a few years. I guarantee it! You say it's not his fault I say B.S. He is in a position to make a change., If he has to create jobs in other sectors to cover the loss or retrain people so be it. If it means the forest industry is on its way out because there are no woods to cut down then it's time for change. You cannot keep cutting woods down if it's not there and the trees don't grow fast enough for the Irving knobs to be satisfied.

So face the facts. The forest industry is doomed. It's pretty simple. The resources are gone. What is it that forestry workers and those in the forest industry don't understand. It's no different then the Cod fishery. Take it all then wait 100 years before you can get anymore.

I say to those that work in the forest industry, it's about time you look for new work. It has happened to many other industries and many other people. I had to change jobs a few times in my life and it sucks but it's what you have to do to make ends meet. No different then any other place of work that shuts down.

And for the Turkey guys out there- this whole thing about bringing turkeys and turkey hunting to New Brunswick is in Bruce Northrup's best intrerest because he knows he cannot do a dam thing about the deer hunting situation so this entire thing is just a big smoke screen to keep some hunters from bitching.

You will never see me put down my rifle and give up deer hunting for some turkey.

#20 Resourceful Redneck

Resourceful Redneck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Bucknuts;
I appreciate your thoughts and would only add two of my own. First, my opinion of Northrup is not based on his tenure as minister of DNR. The years of knowing him personally shape that opinion. The second is that you (through no fault of your own) don't understand that a Minister's ability to make change is not as wide spread as you make it seem to be. Stuck between the rock of industry and the hard place of government bureacuracy, minister's of the crown cant just wave a magic wand and do things. Hence me saying that issues like this are very complex and not just as simple as a minister saying "do this" or "do that". What we can both agree on is the precarious situation our wildlife finds itself in and how we need to do everything (albeit sometimes it seems like not much) we can do to make things better. I will never put down my deer rifle either, but if I can pick up the turkey gun in the spring and the deer rifle in the fall, I'm not complaining!
Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users