chadman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern New Brunswick

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Bucknuts;
I appreciate your thoughts and would only add two of my own. First, my opinion of Northrup is not based on his tenure as minister of DNR. The years of knowing him personally shape that opinion. The second is that you (through no fault of your own) don't understand that a Minister's ability to make change is not as wide spread as you make it seem to be. Stuck between the rock of industry and the hard place of government bureacuracy, minister's of the crown cant just wave a magic wand and do things. Hence me saying that issues like this are very complex and not just as simple as a minister saying "do this" or "do that". What we can both agree on is the precarious situation our wildlife finds itself in and how we need to do everything (albeit sometimes it seems like not much) we can do to make things better. I will never put down my deer rifle either, but if I can pick up the turkey gun in the spring and the deer rifle in the fall, I'm not complaining!
Cheers.

gov officials are there to initiate/affect/suggest/implement change. they are suppose to have the skills necessary to do what is RIGHT and DEAL with the what's wrong.. stuck between a rock and a hard place doesn't wash for me, if any gov official cannot deal with that and fails fixing the what's wrong... then they shouldn't be representing the people of this province.
QDM - Plant a seed - make a difference

Hoyt Trykon XL @ 70lbs.. 2219 @ 29 in.. Muzzy 4 Blade 125gr = game, death... match!!

#22 Riverboy

Riverboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSalmon River,Chipman

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

X2!

#23 nbbucks

nbbucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationKeswick Ridge

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Bucknuts;
I appreciate your thoughts and would only add two of my own. First, my opinion of Northrup is not based on his tenure as minister of DNR. The years of knowing him personally shape that opinion. The second is that you (through no fault of your own) don't understand that a Minister's ability to make change is not as wide spread as you make it seem to be. Stuck between the rock of industry and the hard place of government bureacuracy, minister's of the crown cant just wave a magic wand and do things. Hence me saying that issues like this are very complex and not just as simple as a minister saying "do this" or "do that". What we can both agree on is the precarious situation our wildlife finds itself in and how we need to do everything (albeit sometimes it seems like not much) we can do to make things better. I will never put down my deer rifle either, but if I can pick up the turkey gun in the spring and the deer rifle in the fall, I'm not complaining!
Cheers.

He can just wave his magic wand and change things. That's what he did in this situation. Irving has enough land to work off of. It is their fault if the mismanaged it. Leave the crown land for the smaller contractors like it used to be.
"Some people say, well I got meat for my freezer. Well I say how about a big rack for the wall." Legendary Vermont deer hunter.......Larry Benoit

#24 Resourceful Redneck

Resourceful Redneck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationRiverview New Brunswick

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

nbbucks;
I can appreciate different opinions and please don't hear this the wrong way, but if you really believe that any Minister in government can wave a magic wand and change things then you have no idea how government works. EVERY decision a minister makes has to go through so many hoops it would make your head spin. That is just regulations. If the change will affect current legislation, then there are even more hoops that need to be dealt with. I agree with a lot of comments that politicians make mistakes, but to make flip comments like "waving a magic wand" are the things that add fuel to a fire of untruth and lead to more frustration and less results. Opinions are like armpits, everyone's got a couple and some of them stink, but those are mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users