• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Piskahegan

Piskahegan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys, I'm just looking for any information of the proposed new Protected Natural Areas around the province. The province had set up the program looking for input from citizens regarding the choosing of some new areas that were to be protected. The deadline for input from citizens was November 15th, 2012. I was just wondering if anyone had any information regarding if the new areas have been chosen and/or when this information will be released. I tried contacting the DNR but did not get a reply. Here's the link to refresh the memory of anyone has already seen it: http://www2.gnb.ca/c...turalAreas.html.
Thanks in advance for any info.

#2 Sako

Sako

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationIN the woods

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I was on one of the PNA local committees a few years ago. My contact through DNR was Martin Marshal. He should be able to answer your questions.
http://www2.gnb.ca/c...derer.7059.html

#3 Piskahegan

Piskahegan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Alright thanks for the help!

#4 Bowtech

Bowtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1610 posts
  • LocationBelleisle Creek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

http://www2.gnb.ca/c...turalAreas.html
Bowtech Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

#5 longshot

longshot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

It is great to hear that people are working on creating more protected areas. It is amazing how many people think that you are not allowed to hunt in any of the protected areas. Some are protected against hunting but many others are not. If people were only educated about where a lot of the money comes from.

#6 Piskahegan

Piskahegan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...areas-1028.html

#7 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

I see Nova Scotia is mentioned in the article that Piskahegan linked...

A word to the wise...Become familiar with the intents and practices of your DNR and Environment agencies before you jump on this bandwagon.

Here, they have mandated to 'protect' 12% of our lands which is growing to 17%...which is over half of our existing Crown Lands. Those lands will no longer be Crown Land...they will be Protected Wilderness Area's (PWA's).

Activities that are made illegal?...

All motorized vehicles

Camping

Horseback riding

Bicycle riding

All berry picking

Fiddlehead picking

Apple picking

Mushroom picking

Wild flower picking

et al.

It is against the law to open or maintain any trail...to move tree falls that block a trail...to even pick up and move a pine cone.

Traditional patterns of hunting and trapping are allowed...until someone complains that they don't feel safe...Then hunting and trapping will be suspended.

For as noble as this undertaking may seem, it is very apparent that its intent is not to limit industry...It's intent is to limit the public.

Governement already controls industry through issuance of permits allowing them to engage in industrial activity...So our new laws are squarely focused on the recreational user.

I guess my point is...It's a 'double-edged sword'...at least down here.

Really, REALLY read up on the restrictions to be placed on these public lands before you give it your support.

;)

Edit in:

A point I forgot to mention...Down here, people who have Crown Leases for their camps / cottages will not be renewed when the lease comes due.

If it is a private road / trail into their existing camp / cottage, they are given a permit for limited use of motorized vehicles to carry materials to make repairs (only) to the property. Otherwise they are to walk.

Shoot straight...shoot honest...shoot every coyote you see.

#8 Sako

Sako

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationIN the woods

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

I guess it should be pointed out that the post by Bob Leblanc is about what is proposed for Nova Scotia as none of it applies to the Class 2 PNAs in New Brunswick.

#9 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

I guess it should be pointed out that the post by Bob Leblanc is about what is proposed for Nova Scotia ...

That is correct, Sako... ;)

Thanks for highlighting that... B)

Shoot straight...shoot honest...shoot every coyote you see.

#10 Sako

Sako

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationIN the woods

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'm not that big on fear mongering or causing confusion either. You're entirely welcome, Bob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users