#42 700 Lefty

700 Lefty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

Looking forward to reading them, Archery Nut but like Mortimer said, I am not looking forward to the end :(

Count me in for a copy of this book and I know for a fact, a lot of people would buy it in an instant! Do you have a publisher?

I read in the Archery post that you shot a monster with the bow. I would love to read that adventure!

#43 Country Girl

Country Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationHillsborough

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Another great read!
Thanks for sharing all of these memories with us!! :)
"When he was young, I told Dale Jr. that hunting and racing are a lot alike. Holding that steering wheel and holding that rifle both mean you better be responsible."
Dale Earnhardt

#44 700 Lefty

700 Lefty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

As usual, Archerynut, excellent story and thank you for sharing.

I just wanted to let you know that I introduced a friend of mine to this site and thread and he is following your collection and loves it. An interesting note though, he has never hunted before and is now very keen!

Lefty

#45 mortimer

mortimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHarcourt n.b.

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

Great job AN as usual. :) You got to LOVE IT when a plan comes together and to be able to enjoy it with your family. :) :rolleyes:

#46 Wardo

Wardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts
  • LocationWillow Grove

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

Thanks AN for another great story! I remembered reading about this year's buck and because of the details in which you tell your stories I had almost a deja vu moment (Haven't I read this story before?) when reading about your father. It's going to be a sad day for a lot of us when these retellings end.

Live your obsessions on the web with us!  Hunting, Fishing, and much much more.

http://www.wildernessobsession.com

About 250,000 Deer in New Brunswick in 1985.  Less than 60,000 today.  Can we demand change yet?
New Brunswick - Can't see the Forest for the *spruce* Trees

Over 20,000 people have read our interview with Rod Cumberland about the state and the future of the New Brunswick Deer Herd.  Have you?
If a Tree Falls - Rod Cumberland

#47 nbbucks

nbbucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationKeswick Ridge

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

Very cool. Very rare to get a piebald let alone a buck! RR and I found a nice piece of hunting ground that has some roads through it but still a ton of woods. Only problem ........not much deer there. We're on the search again for a new piece of heaven.
"Some people say, well I got meat for my freezer. Well I say how about a big rack for the wall." Legendary Vermont deer hunter.......Larry Benoit

#48 Wardo

Wardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts
  • LocationWillow Grove

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

Great Story AN! Are you a superstitious person? Would you have shot the piebald buck even knowing that he was piebald?

Another part I'd like to see:
"The bear then did a quick 360 and really booted it in the opposite direction."

It would be awfully cool to see that bear do a whole rotation and look at you while he ran backwards away from you!

About 250,000 Deer in New Brunswick in 1985.  Less than 60,000 today.  Can we demand change yet?

Over 20,000 people have read our interview with Rod Cumberland about the state and the future of the New Brunswick Deer Herd.  Have you?

#49 Wardo

Wardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts
  • LocationWillow Grove

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

A Million Thanks AN. I'm very sad to have these all come to an end, but I really appreciate all the time you put into letting us all relive these events with you as if we were right there with you!

I say you attach at least some of the pictures and quick stories of all your Archery bucks to the end of this as well! It'll make a great Epilogue, and nothing here says "Rifles only" :)

#50 mortimer

mortimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHarcourt n.b.

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Man you have a gift! I have enjoyed your stories immensely. From beginning to end they were all a treat. It almost felt like I was there standing over your shoulder. I think anyone that has hunted the good old days (80/90)lol, knows what you mean about hunting the big woods. Around home there isn't much hardwoods and the ground is pretty flat but we used to have big spruce knolls that went on for ever and the deer would have them all tore to hell come fall. Man I miss those wood and those days. Thanks again AN, mortimer :)

#51 700 Lefty

700 Lefty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

I was happy to read your latest story but sad to see the series end. As Mortimer put it, you have a gift and very few writers can convey what you have accomplished. Good God, I felt I was right there and felt winded as well from the long drags! HA! :P

Thank you for sharing!

Lefty

#52 water_runner

water_runner

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Well AN, I did a lot of catching up today on your old posts and more recent ones. Love the stories about the Grand John area. Actually, I continue to hunt not too far way from there. Great country, but deer are very scarce. Nice to get up in those old hardwood ridges and just take it all in. When I started deer hunting in the area there was a lot of stories about the "good old days" and where the guys at the camp had shot their deer before. I hunted for years out there, and a few does a season or a white flag was a good a year. I took up the bow as well, but I still like to go to the camp with the rifle if I have the opportunity. Love the stories and photos. Keep up the good work!

#53 Ruger .223

Ruger .223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPetitcodiac, New Brunswick

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

Loved reading theses stories. Wish I could have the pleasure of hunting in the 80's. my dad doesnt have hunting stories like yours but he has some pictures of huge bucks he took on his father's land. went 20 years in a row being succesful.
Common Deer season!

#54 ArcheryAddiction

ArcheryAddiction

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2304 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

Read over a few stories again tonight, And just whanted to say,I enjoyed them again, Hope you can add a good storie this year.

#55 RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

I've spent f12 hours reading all of your stories on here,its some of the best reading i've had the pleasure to sit down and enjoy.I have no doubt in my mind you are what they call a"dedicated'buck hunter,and a very good one at that!I think you should have a book of these stories put together and published into a book,its definately somethingn that should be in a hunting book store.Some of these stories kept me up until 2 am ,i couldn't stop reading.LOL

I THANK YOU AGAIN,SOME VERY GREAT MEMORABLE TIMES YOU'VE SHARED AND I'M SO GLAD YOU DID!You remind me of my dad in those red/black plaid and wool pants pictures.LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users