Just when I thought I'd heard it all... - Hunting Stories - New Brunswick Hunting

Photo

Just when I thought I'd heard it all...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

So yesterday at work waitn to load I'm shootn the breeze with this native fella,jokin n chit as we usually do,and he asks me how was the drive yesterday(its an 11 round trip/1 load/day)
Me-"oh pretty good/uneventful.....lotsa deer out on the roads,in fields etc.....seen a nice moose on the Sunchild"
Him-"oh yea I live on Sunchild FN....lotsa deer n moose around there.Say buddy,if you see an elk hit it with yer truck,I love elk meat,theyre the best eh?
Me-oh yea,they the best.Actually seen an elk 2 weeks ago,hit it with my 30-06....it resides in my freezer now,lol"
Him-"oh nice...say buddy,you should bring me a cpl steaks tommorrow,I'll pay you for them"
Me-.......(thinking WTF??Seriously??)....Well Holy F,now Ive heard it all...an Indian wanting to buy meat from a white guy,LMAO"
Him-hahaha...yea buddy,I do all my hunting at Sobeys eh,haha"

......and now Ive heard it all

...and yes we call natives Indians here,and they call themselves Indians,and nobody gets all wound-up over the political-correctness of it. ;)

The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

#2 mu'in

mu'in

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2759 posts
  • LocationSi-nan'-sis

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Not sure i get the point...

But I know quite a few that don't hunt...

Have a couple of Buds over home that I usually give a few steaks and some burger to for the BBQ...thats all they want...

If was me, i would have just offered a couple of steaks for free.. ;)

"If they run, they'll just die tired"

- Browning BLR PG, .300wsm
- Savage Model 111, .270win
- Savage Model 11, .243
- My trusty 1958 Winchester model 12, 12ga
- Limbsaver dz30, Easton FMJ and a muzzy

#3 Albertabound

Albertabound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Well Id of give him a cpl but I live 4 hrs south of there and work up north 21 on/7off.....finished that job yestersay,probly never see him again?

The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

#4 mu'in

mu'in

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2759 posts
  • LocationSi-nan'-sis

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ahhh.. fellas i know are a tad closer..

Dont think id drive 4 hrs to give them a steak either .. :)

"If they run, they'll just die tired"

- Browning BLR PG, .300wsm
- Savage Model 111, .270win
- Savage Model 11, .243
- My trusty 1958 Winchester model 12, 12ga
- Limbsaver dz30, Easton FMJ and a muzzy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users