4 replies to this topic

#1 Wildchef

Wildchef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

This was a topic on conversation/ argument today in the blind.

1: Can you hunt crows the same time as ducks or as you would ducks (no Hunters orange) during the regular season ?

2: Are you legal to dispatch a crow flying over the decoys as you have your small game, stamp and are shooting steel?

3: And if you were required to wear the orange, Could you use a blind to completely hide the orange, then be legal ?

4: if you decided to bring a orange vest and a hat... could you carry lead shells to switch target species on the fly ?

5: If a farmer asked you to shoot the crows, would it fall under nuisance animal and not require the blaze orange... on his land

6: Switch crow to Cormorants from 1-5 

Yup it was slow day on the river !  

#2 Old guide

Old guide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

1. No, Must have Orange on until Varmit season Crows are not a Migratory GAME BIRD

2.No , again must have Orange on

3. Yes

4. If you are not hunting Migratory game Birds, you can Carry Lead, if  are hunting Migratory game Birds no Lead in your Possession except for Woodcock.

5. In Season Hunting Orange is required until Varmint Season begins

6.Cormorants are Not considered Migratory Game birds.

I"ll bite into this , Just my opinion. It is the Judges Opinion that really matters

Home of Paparazzi home Brew Game cams.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Wildchef

Wildchef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Mostly mine too, but the cormorant in the license under Season and bag limit says " Same as open season for ducks " 

#4 bucksnducks

bucksnducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Mostly mine too, but the cormorant in the license under Season and bag limit says " Same as open season for ducks " 

But you have to have orange on doing so...

I had a couple of buddies a few years back get a 'warning' for shooting cormorants without orange on - while duck hunting.

#5 AtlanticAvian

AtlanticAvian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWestern NB

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

In the states crows are considered migratory (In some parts anyways) Wonder why not in Canada? They try to escape the bitter cold by going south in a few areas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users