#1 pond jumper

pond jumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationDouglas Harbour

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Well 2013 is coming to a close and I have to say its been my best season to date, so I thought id throw up some pics and stories from the 2013 season

This year was my first time ever getting a moose tag, and I had little clue of even where to begin,  but was still pumped to say the least! Im pretty sure I hooped and hollered and danced in my kitchen for 10 min when I found out I got my tag, even checked and rechecked several times to make sure haha. I invited my good friend Alex (Muddler) as my second shooter and my cousin Chris (wwjmb) to come along and was priviledged to have Alex's father Sam (Old guide) come with us to call. Me and alex scouted one spot in August that looked promising but we later decided it was near impossible to hunt and to get a moose out we would need a helicopter so  Sam found us a great spot..first morning saw nothing but the first evening Sam called in a big boy that was rearing to go, he crashed into the meadow at 100 or so yards head on and stared us down for some time before taking a step and giving me a quartering twrds shot..the .308 dropped him in his tracks and 2013 was off to an awesome start!!

moose2_zps326482e3.jpg

moose3_zps4127af2d.jpg

1375171_827853274455_20464478_n_zpsc9892

After such an amazing moose hunt my dad couldn't believe that I was even thinking about ducks ! He said " the moose is still warm and your are digging out your decoys!"  but the rainy summer made one of my favorit spots just perfect and I knew the ducks would be there. Opening morning I took an old friend in for a duck hunt, his son another very good friend of mine , couldn't make it home for opening day, and I was In need of a partner so away we went..we had a great shoot, getting 10 between us...we should have had more but our shooting was a bit rusty lol That kicked off a great duck season for me, being first year ive hunted out of a kayak I did som almost exclusively this year and I may not go back! Had several awesome hunts in places that woud otherwise be inaccessible or hard to hunt for lack of cover but yak make a great layout blind

Photo0445_zpsbdabcb82.jpg

Photo0465_zps1a94cdef.jpg

Photo0455_zpsc4b086e1.jpg

After a productive duck season I set my sights on a nice buck...I had lots of meat in the freezer so I decided I wanted a more mature buck. I had an awesome deer season seeing more deer and bucks than I ever have, I passed on 3 smaller bucks, as well as a nice 2,5 yr old with a broken antler. It was getting late in the season, and still hadn't seen a buck i wanted, but had 3 more sits left..i headed out the last Wednesday of the season and set up in an old field where my uncle hunts. I set up some doe in heat and dominant buck scent bombs in the 4 corners of the field and got settled in the stand. I wasn't even settled when a real nice 7 pnt showed up in the field..he wasn't  monster but this late in the game i decided to take him, and he had been the biggest buck i saw to date, a straight on shot at 100yrds ith the .308 and my deer season came to a close..

Photo0484_zpsbf02eee1.jpg

Photo0483_zpsd057b6f9.jpg

.all in a ll it was a spectacular season and one ill remember for ever...merry Christmas everyone and here is to a great 2014!

Blood, sweat and FEATHERS!!

Winchester 1300 12ga

Ithica SKB semi auto 12 ga

Remington  870 wingmaster 12ga

T/C dimension 22-250rem

Savage Axis .308win

Marlin 336  30-30win

Savage 93  17hmr

Rem 597 22lr

Marlin 795 .22lr

#2 dentremont

dentremont

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

looks like you had a awesome year and where one of the lucky ones to get one of thos moose tags great pics and merry christmas to you and your family and every one on here 

#3 anticostiguide

anticostiguide

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNorth East N.B.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Pond Jumper thanks for sharin' great stuff, 2013 was a good year for ya'.....Congrats.Will be hard to duplicate.lol

Again Congrats and love hearing stories from N.B. boys and  girls  cause it can happen to us with a little luck... ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your Family

AG

#4 bucksnducks

bucksnducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

Great season PJ!!

#5 Bill Gass

Bill Gass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationOromocto, NB

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Awesome!! Had a pretty good year myself with a spring bear and an archery deer.

Bill G.

#6 COYDOG

COYDOG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Awesome season, is right! Thanks for sharing pond jumper. ;)

#7 nbbucks

nbbucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationKeswick Ridge

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:54 AM

Right on!!

"Some people say, well I got meat for my freezer. Well I say how about a big rack for the wall." Legendary Vermont deer hunter.......Larry Benoit

#8 Old guide

Old guide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Need a Yote or 2 now PJ to top off a great Season.

Home of Paparazzi home Brew Game cams.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Tobiquer

Tobiquer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationPlaster Rock

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Some nice pictures to go along with good stories - hope you have a good year in 2014 as well.

#10 pond jumper

pond jumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationDouglas Harbour

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Need a Yote or 2 now PJ to top off a great Season.

Don't worry im workin on it haha

Blood, sweat and FEATHERS!!

Winchester 1300 12ga

Ithica SKB semi auto 12 ga

Remington  870 wingmaster 12ga

T/C dimension 22-250rem

Savage Axis .308win

Marlin 336  30-30win

Savage 93  17hmr

Rem 597 22lr

Marlin 795 .22lr

0 user(s) are reading this topic