Peaked Mountain Lakes Crown Reserve - Other Harvestable Wildlife - New Brunswick Hunting

Photo

Peaked Mountain Lakes Crown Reserve

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 88'grousekiller

88'grousekiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

I know this is a fishing question, but I started the same discussion on newbrunswickfishing and didn't get any replies so thought I would try here.

Has anyone fished for trout at the three Peaked Mountain Lakes? Wanted to go on a crown reserve trip up there with 3 buddies and a couple canoes this year. Just wondering if anyone has any info on what the fishing is like, access to the lakes, camp sites etc. any info/stories/experiences would be much appreciated!

#2 chadman

chadman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern New Brunswick

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

I've never fished there nor do I know anyone that has, however experience has taught me this... if no one is talking, then it is something to just go and check it out in person.. especially when it comes to trout and salmon fishing.. getting any details is like pulling teeth.. and hardly anyone will post details on a forum

QDM - Plant a seed - make a difference

Hoyt Trykon XL @ 70lbs.. 2219 @ 29 in.. Muzzy 4 Blade 125gr = game, death... match!!

#3 88'grousekiller

88'grousekiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

True. Where it is Crown reserve you would think people would be willing to share details since it's not like it is a secret spot.. But maybe no one has been there.

#4 Easternarcher

Easternarcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

I fished it years ago with my Dad. I think it was mid June....it wasn't  reserve waters then either. We were alone except for one other party of 2. Very isolated.

There was no  campsites there then..nothing! Just a VERY rough dirt track to get there...we used our little Sportspal canoe...The water was crystal clear and the bottom was silty with alot of water ferns I called them...almost like a mat laying on the bottom. I assume the fish used that as cover. We used worms and small spinners, tried flyfishing, but couldn't hook up.

It was a a clear day , so maybe that kept them down.

As I recall, we fished 2 days, but only had real luck for a couple of hours early in the morning and just before dark.

They started feeding and stopped almost instantly. Like on a timer or something.When they were hungry, they were voracious! Great fun! Caught some fairly good ones...12-14in. Don't think we caught our limits either.

Thanks Dad!

Maybe all changed around now. That was almost 20 years ago.

Hope that helps some.

#5 chadman

chadman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern New Brunswick

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

True. Where it is Crown reserve you would think people would be willing to share details since it's not like it is a secret spot.. But maybe no one has been there.

not really, the daily reserves you could fish twice a month (think it's changed this year) so in prime time fishing, doubtful people would speak up.. I've been down that road with public access salmon fishing.. gotta do a lot of digging and meet the right guys in person in order to figure some of it out.. but once you get started.. you can pick up a lot of details bartering info on the river.. but again that's been my experience

QDM - Plant a seed - make a difference

Hoyt Trykon XL @ 70lbs.. 2219 @ 29 in.. Muzzy 4 Blade 125gr = game, death... match!!

#6 88'grousekiller

88'grousekiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

Ya I've experienced the same, I understand that obviously everyone has their spots especially those who only have access to public water. I'm the same way, I'll give information of conditions and rivers I fish but not particular spots.
Just figured it would be different for crown reserve since i need to get drawn.
And I've gotten information on reserve spots before.
Ohwell, guess I'll just accept the unknowns, give it a shot and let everyone know how it goes when I do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users