JDI Calls Rod Cumberland irresponsible. - Page 2 - Conservation - New Brunswick Hunting

Photo

JDI Calls Rod Cumberland irresponsible.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 BentTwig

BentTwig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

I really have a hard time believing that Dr. Lautenshlager has spent any time actually putting his feet on the ground and walking around  sprayed cuts to see the devastation and lack of forage that is there.  He is either ignorant or has a hidden agenda and is turning a blind eye. I would love to take him out back of cloverdale for a tour of the BP cuts and show him first hand, maybe drop him off at one of my old tree stands that is over looking a sprayed cut and tell him to call me when he sees a deer and I will come back and pick him up.  :D 

Great job Rod, keep up the good work, I am so glad that the public is finally hearing about what I have been seeing for years.

#22 TSINB

TSINB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Good for you Rob,everyone needs a voice on the spray issues and the pressure needs to be sustained,letting it go and letting time wash Rods efforts away wont acheive anything.I think that Irving played the whole thing wrong,this guy went beyond a defensive posture to an offensive stand and left the ball in the court of the people.If there ever was a time were change might be discussed now is it the door is open,For irving not to debate this openly with Rod would be a huge mistake in the court of opinion.The comment of being irresponsible was indeed unproffessional and slanderous,i have a hard time believeing that letter will exist in that form for long!An i suspect the brass wasnt fully aware of the letter or its content.The Author likely will get his hands slapped.

#23 TSINB

TSINB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

There is no question that spray kills!!Anyone ever read the signs---Danger Herbicide dont eat the berries.Have yet to see a bear/deer or any other animal read a sign.The comment about looking for den sites prior to harvest is a flat out lie.In 5ft of snow not one forest harvester has ever walked aand dug down to see were bears are sleeping,,and thats fact.

#24 OromoctoLad

OromoctoLad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Great Job Axeman.  Your right, this issue is not about any one of us in particular, it's about ALL of us united moving forward on an issue.  Keep the feet to the fire and we will stand behind you 100%.

Perhaps the NWTF-NB folks could wade in and make their position/support public as well with a press release.  Deer and "future" turkey populations will overlap and inhabit the same landscapes...   

A.K.A. 3D/Labradorlad/Coldlakelad

#25 jabers34

jabers34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCumberland Bay

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Good job and well said

#26 NB axemen

NB axemen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

This issues seems to have hit a stand still....the newspapers won't publish the articles... Send all kind of emails but never got a response...

Facebook also seems to have stopped talking about it....

We can't let this issues die down, What else can we do to spread the word??

#27 jd_33

jd_33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

If anyone wishes to call Dr. Lautenshlager and invite him to see the devastation he's the only Lautenschlager in the book: 536-2173

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users