New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner

¸A day to remember

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  archerynutNB 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Last year i took my cousin to my stand it was his first time in the woods with a bow what a day
My link

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
"Awesome" video nbduckhunter!
If you listen carefully near the end of the video, you will hear him say to his cousin.."draw"..."draw". I would guess that they were waiting (as any good bowhunter should)for the buck to look away so he could draw his bow, but the buck spooked. Thats why he was blatting at it as it ran, to hopefully stop the buck.

I shot a piebald quite a few years back with rifle(i didn't know it was partly white because there was fresh snow on the ground and trees as well. It never gave me too much bad luck in hunting since....nock on wood!

#7 ·
Lol ya i knew i would get the WHY DIDNT HE SHOOT, The buck was coming in nicely walking steady and fast so my cousin drew his bow back at about 30 seconds in the video. He had the bow drew for about 7 minutes and i could see he was struggling, Then all of a sudden i heard a litle tink sound, His knock had fallen out of his arrow. So he let down and slowly tried to fix the arrow, ended getting it back on the string, Buck looked away and he started to draw, buck looked back, and he stopped. Then off whent the buck. I was sitting on the ground in a lawn chair in full orange, at about 12 yards, My cousin was about 5-6 feet to my right, and the whole time where i had a shot he did not 12 yards. About 5 minutes after the buck ran off, out cam a doe and he shot her , spine shot, I have it on video also but its pretty graffic because of the poor shot, His first deer you think he would be happy but he looks over at the camera in complete discuss after missing a buck of a lifetime,.

I have seen this buck this summer and he is also one of my target bucks, needless to say i will not be taking anyone hunting in there until after i tag out lol.

LESSON LEARNED the hard way always use new arrows, after inspecting his arrow you can see a hair line crack by the nock were he must of hit the arrow while practicing.

#9 ·
At full draw for 7 Minutes?!!! Man that must have been tough? I remember one time I drew on a buck, and had to wait for him to take a step. After a bit I started shaking so bad (It was real cold as well). I was sitting down to shoot, and tried to rest my bow arm on my knee. But then my knee started shaking violently and finally I had to let down.

But that's what makes them special days to remember!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.