New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner

“ November Grey”

20K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  RAZORBLADES 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Moved to another "Outdoor" location!

See less See more
#5 ·
I have been waiting on pins and needles myself archerynutNB.
Excellent stuff. Sure makes a person wish that they had of kept journals over the years to pass down and share.A note to all hunters,maybe we should start doing the same.I used to keep track of where,when,how many,and what sex of deer I saw,etc. Sure wish I had kept those notes and continued with them.
Looking forward to your next story.

#11 ·
Again, well done archerynutNB!!
So vivid it almost like i'm there.
I also like that you are honest about your mistakes and how you have learned from them..... eventually. LOL.
These stories are not only entertaining, but some can be an hunter educational tool as well.
Thank you for your writings.

#13 ·
Good yarn- I hunt that country for moose and birds occasionally. The camp at Salmon hole where you had your camper parked is now owned by two guys I work with - nice spot. They took some nice deer in that country in the 80s, but shes moose country now! Still the odd big buck in that country, but they are few and far between. The hill you are talking about to freeze lake is called " sweat hill". The old camp at Freeze Lake was built by my great grandfather.

Still some good trout fishing in the Stewart Deadwater too!

Interesting reading - keep 'em coming.

#15 ·
Thanks for all the great stories AN, you're a terrific story-teller. I look forward to future adventures from your past

#16 ·
Great stuff, Archerynut! Truly an enjoyable read! I love reading them as I am familiar with the Grand John area, Fire Road etc. I can just imagine what that country was like when they were opening it up! I was out hunting up off various areas of the Mill Road and not a deer to be seen. We did happen to come across six moose in our travels.

I know you are a huge fan of archery but while writing your stories and wonderful memories flash back, do you ever get the urge to hunt with the old 7mm Rem Mag again?

Keep up the awesome work!

Tim

#20 ·
Thanks again AN, your stories are amazing, really makes me wish I hadn't missed out on these prime hunting times in NB.

#23 ·
Thanks for all your amazing stories. I am really excited to see your system because it is the same one my buddy and I stumbled on together a few years ago. Once we started using it we started seeing a lot more deer. (we were still not good enough to turn it into success though) One thing I found that might be important to add is that you should not start this method until you are in an area that has good deer sign. I have spent a good deal of time sneaking through unproductive woods until I figured that one out.

Would you agree?

#24 ·
Thanks as always AN. While I don't agree with your 8 point maintenance plan, I sure do love these stories.

#25 ·
Thanks for the stories ArcheryNut.I started on page 1 and couldn't stop reading till I got to the end.It was a great way to spend the evening.Nice to see the vintage pics as well,it brings back memories of hunts years ago before everybody was covered in camo and driving ATV's.Reminds me of when I started hunting years ago.

#26 ·
Another great story AN. Don't worry about bragging, I don't think anyone that's taken the time to read all of your stories would say anything other than how fascinating and entertaining they are to read!
Funny that there's no glasses in your pictures with the deer, I suppose your new prescription glasses were a little camera shy?

Would you mind taking a few minutes (seconds?) to explain the Moose shooting test? What was involved in that? I guess I'm too young to remember ever having to take a shooting test for any license, all that was required when I got started was the Hunter Safety course.

#27 ·
They look like perfectly normal 80's glasses to me! I think my first pair looked the same, they were probably even the same size, and I was 7 when I got my first glasses I believe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.