New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching field last 15 min and get out to pee and look to my right and there he is Big 10 point 50 yards on my left just standing there frozen looking at me(probley thinking what and ass ) ,rack white as snow.I grab gun with pants to my knee's and he gallops off into Tamarack.I figured might as well go for it.Boom,1 dead tree.LOL oh well 2013 might be better.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Anybody who shoots at running or "galloping" deer has no respect for the deer and should be beat in the head with a stupid stick. If you did hit it its more likely to be a wounding shot than anything and you may never recover it. More importantly if its wounded its going to be a long suffering death than a quick kill shot to the vitals. Show some respect for the game your after!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have killed two deer who were on the move, one was actually running. Can see myself doing it again if given the chance.

I don't need to be beaten with any kind of stick.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
That Deer is lucky i wasnt with ya...LOL .. he'd be dead right there..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sometimes I worry about what is said on this forum this time of year. I just hope as ethical hunters and stewards of the resource that we make the proper decisions, not only in the field but what we post in the public view.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't say that I ever fired at a running deer in the woods but the majority of deer that I harvested were on the run be it in or on the edge of a field or opening. Generally a deer running from an open area will briefly stop before entering the woods. Whatever the case I have never lost an animal and most times they drop when my bullet hits. If the shot can't be made then I pass it up. As far as being hit with a stick LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts