New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
My DG pipe came in this week. To my surprise it's not made for an Evolved chassis. This pipe was made for a Wedge chassis. I will have to modify exhaust manifold flange angle a bit and cut an inch off the tail pipe end and use stock mounting hardware to make her fit. Jetting/Clutching are the same though.

Didn't know they made a 488 fan in the wedge chassis . Thought they were only in the old pre 94 body then in the evolved 94 and on? I presume you already know it but if you change the manifold length or expansion chamber length/shape it will negatively affect exaust gas scavenging and give less power and usually detonate pistons . Good luck with your project , was a lot of those around back then ,were a pretty good machine .

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Didn't know they made a 488 fan in the wedge chassis . Thought they were only in the old pre 94 body then in the evolved 94 and on? I presume you already know it but if you change the manifold length or expansion chamber length/shape it will negatively affect exaust gas scavenging and give less power and usually detonate pistons . Good luck with your project , was a lot of those around back then ,were a pretty good machine .
The pre 94's are called Wedge chassis', BB. Would be safe to change pipe flange angle though, right? Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

·
Registered
404 Posts
The pre 94's are called Wedge chassis', BB. Would be safe to change pipe flange angle though, right? Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!
I would say as long as the overall length of the manifold was the same should have no issues . I'm surprised there was a pipe available for it . I used to do a lot of (playing myself) on my sleds , kind of stopped for a bit ; got maried ,kids , got a 2010 fourstroke with a turbo now . Rocks right along pretty good but would like a stage II programer to go to 190horse . My last sled (when I was single ) was a 2000 polaris xcr 800 : 1"1/4 high speed track , hot to go triple pipes,cylinder shims, billet heads , V force reeds, EGT guages , and a mix of EPI and some homemade clutching .Would run 120mph on gps on groomed trail 23 west (piston alley / rogers lake to popple depot) Needless to say not real family freindly but alot of fun for a single guy with a big attitude , or so my wife says . p.s when I was thinking (wedge chasis )I was thinking about the agressive body that was in the xlt specials and 600xcrs with the bug eye lights .

·
Banned
736 Posts
I would say as long as the overall length of the manifold was the same should have no issues . I'm surprised there was a pipe available for it . I used to do a lot of (playing myself) on my sleds , kind of stopped for a bit ; got maried ,kids , got a 2010 fourstroke with a turbo now . Rocks right along pretty good but would like a stage II programer to go to 190horse . My last sled (when I was single ) was a 2000 polaris xcr 800 : 1"1/4 high speed track , hot to go triple pipes,cylinder shims, billet heads , V force reeds, EGT guages , and a mix of EPI and some homemade clutching .Would run 120mph on gps on groomed trail 23 west (piston alley / rogers lake to popple depot) Needless to say not real family freindly but alot of fun for a single guy with a big attitude , or so my wife says . p.s when I was thinking (wedge chasis )I was thinking about the agressive body that was in the xlt specials and 600xcrs with the bug eye lights .
I hear you, man! I'm in the same boat as well. This was my old ride(Agressive chassis). Sold it last year and still kickin' my butt, because of it!

·
Banned
736 Posts
The old girl's comin' along nicely. Got the new DG pipe to fit and did an initial startup. Will sound good when she's dialed in with proper jetting!

Starting to look like a sled again!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice! wish my ol P'laris looked like that!

·
Banned
736 Posts
Finally got my drive sprockets. Decided to go with 7 tooth instead of an 8 to replace stock 9 tooth. Will loose 10 MPH @ the top but will have lots of bottom end torque to turn the new 1 1/2" inch paddle track.

Also polished both suspension rails, changed the boggie bolts and bushings, installed 2 new Ifax slides, painted both back suspension shock and spring in bright GM teal. Preped the suspension components and ready for paint. Will be puttin' her back together once I get my new front/back suspension shock.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Installed drive cog, suspension and cobra track this week. Also ordered a new mid smoke Polaris windshield and teal ski skins. Should look better than the stock touring windshield!

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Installed fuel tank sending unit and wired to fuel gauge today. Works like a charm!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
wow! she's perty! wish my P'laris looked like that!!

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ordered some black Indy hood screens this week. Should look good on the old girl. Will post pics when I get them. Probly be in sometime next week.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Finally got/installed my hood screens today.
She'll be ready for the snow soon!

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How's your Polaris movin' along CM? It seems like you've given it new life
Suspended the project till after hunting season, a&h! All that's left to do is the clutch work, prep & paint the passenger back rest, jetting, ski wear bars and stearing alignment! Should be a good old reliable sled. Busted the $1500 dollar budjet but will still be under $2000. Better than buying a new sled, IMO!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts