New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i've decided to start a coyote hunting contest and hope this will be a success this year and for years to come.I do hope for a little input and any suggestions are welcome.
How its gonna work is for every (DEAD) coyote you register, whether you shot it, you trapped it, your dog killed it, even roadkill can be entered by you as an entry will put your name in a draw.(Each animal is a entry for you)
The contest starts as of this week and will run till April 1rst 2011

Your animal(s) will not have to be registered immediately but be in by Apr-1/2011

For some who live in areas father away it may be better for you to hold on to them till the deadline and maybe car pool with another or more lucky coyote hunters from your area and bring a load of entries at a time.

I travel alot as well and pick-up of the animals by me may be arranged if possible.

You can pile them in your garage shed etc for the winter, i'm sure most other animals will not be dragging off the critters and the should stay frozen from now till spring anyways.

One question i have for you is for the trapper or person who would like to enter a animal but keep the hide, how am i going to be able to make sure it isn't entered twice or more times.I was hoping most would be throw aways and i could take care of them myself.

I will be posting a few signs around the local communities and on facebook.

I'm sure i have more to add to this and will as i think of stuff but for now this is it.

I would so much like to see hundreds of entries but am not sure if this will fly or not and hope this will be only fun for us..Kevin

Oh yeah the prizes-Your names will be put in a draw for a free Headmount (Deer or Bear) by me with a plaque and template stating what contest you've won and anything you want wrote about your trophy that will be mounted.(Over $400 value)

The prize can be redeemed at any time and there is no cost for you to enter, beside the bullet you send through your entry.

There is no limit for entries per person and if we go over any multiple of 50 there will be another name drawn for the same prize.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Sounds good, I'm not sure how we register though, are you looking for photos or do you want us to bring you the dogs? I plan to take a few down this winter if things go as planned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sounds like fun , you should a kind of ... 3 in 1 contest , one winner for best hide , one winner for heaviest coyote/biggest , one winner for i don't know ... just throwing things out there. BY winner , i don't mean these guys need a prize. But maybe a little recognition , like a picture on the website!

Were bouts are we going to have to bring the dogs? I'm from bathurst

·
Banned
348 Posts
Count me in, but I highly doubt city officials (or my wife) would approve of me having a pile of coyote carcasses on my lawn...
Maybe they would let me trap the city coyotes
I'll be dropping them off as I get them.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Count me in as well.
Though ill be toting the Bow - so chances may stem from slim to none ..

beats sitting home bored waiting for Fall again

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in Burtt's Corner- its about 20 mins east of Fredericton, 732 Sisson Settlement Road, E6L 1Y6.Drop offs are fine you can contact me at 363-2428 to arrange for drop offs.I think the idea of removing the four paws for the people wishing to keep the pelts is a great idea and works for me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good luck there GS, if you want me to pick them up i will be down SW NB for the next couple years almost daily, i deliver explosives to the Gateway Project (No.1 Hiway Project)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good idea for a contest.

So would it be an entry in the draw for the first kill from each hunter plus an additional entry in the draw for every 50 additional kills? That is what I gathered from the original post and would be a good idea, that would give the weekend warriors a fighting chance to win. lol (the same as the gopher derby out west)

Are you wanting to keep the fur? I would probably be lucky to get 2 or 3 but I would be willing to donate the animals if you or anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The way i think will be fairest is your name goes in the box for every coyote you register.If you harvest 5: you have 5 ballots in the box and after every 50 i would pull another name out of the same box.I decided one prize per hunter would be the best idea and if someone was drawn the second time if there are multiple winners i'd be giving out some sort of prize to them as well.Maybe a plaque mount or something.I dont want the animals but for those wondering where they are going to get rid of them?I can take of it for them.I think removing the paws or tongue and returning to the hunter is great too.P.S. you can email me through the site too..RR

·
Registered
531 Posts
Jeez..How did I ever miss THIS post! lol
Count me in!!

Got my first coydog of the season a few weeks ago, on my birthday...I was hoping more for a buck for a b-day gift...but a coyote was good too! lol

Got out on Friday for a bit, but had no luck calling. However heading back out the trail, there were fresh tracks in the snow running up the road towards where I'd been sitting.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Seen one yesterday twice near pepper creek. Tried to hit him with the work vehicle but he was too quick.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I will enter this little contest because I will need a free head mount for my huge bear in spring 2011.But all mine will be slaughtered with a bow.Rifles are for the rd hunters!!! LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts