New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on how many deer have been harvested thus far? Is this info even available week by week?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Good read, sadly the road poachers are hard at it here, can't see why anyone would be proud to shoot a deer along a road near houses, stupid beyond belief. There are good reasons for the 400 meter buffer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got two "road poachers" on my land the first Sunday, unfortunately after one of them downed 2 deer. He shot no more than 150 yrds from my house and he thought he had the right to be an a-hole to us while on my land with they're 4-wheeler picking up the deer! Ah well, the boys in green took care of them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oops I forgot to add, the first week's total was down by exactly 100 deer.
2nd week's total down by about 100 deer as well, down by 97 deer to be precise.
All numbers are preliminary. And remember last yaer's kill numbers were among the worst in a generation or more.
This weather sure don't help. Thought I was going to need flippers out there yesterday, and that wasn't even the rainiest day this week, not by a long shot. I do believe I'm growing a set of gills.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I hear you Lobsterman.....interestingly, the numbers are DOWN in the south, but UP in the north! Go figure. Still two weeks to go yet, and this weekend looks great...thank heavens. Thought I was going to have to paddle through the woods!

·
Registered
456 Posts
From what ive been hearing buck numbers are down around here, not as many shot so far and not nearly as much sign compared to tis time last year, but doe numbers seem to be way up, ive noticed a lot more young of the year so far, saturday I had 5 deer in my stand at the same time, a young doe with her fawn and a real big old doe with two young twins, all three were def born this year. Im thinking next year will be a good year as long as a good portion of all those kids survive this winter...just more reason to kill some yotes i guess

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oops I forgot to add, the first week's total was down by exactly 100 deer.
2nd week's total down by about 100 deer as well, down by 97 deer to be precise.
All numbers are preliminary. And remember last yaer's kill numbers were among the worst in a generation or more.
This weather sure don't help. Thought I was going to need flippers out there yesterday, and that wasn't even the rainiest day this week, not by a long shot. I do believe I'm growing a set of gills.
Good eye Axe. I never even noticed. Numbers are WAY up in the northwest in particular, and up just a bit in the northeast.
Guess I'm fixated too much on the patch of woods where my soggy butt is located.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yep - only 42 lower than 2009. Looks like the rain put a damper on hunters the first bit. Around 3700 currently. See Jim Foster's article in the Moncton T&T.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Weather's suppose to take a turn mid week, and then possibly a mix of snow flurries Friday and Saturday.

If I only had 2 days to hunt, I would reserve them 2 last. Bucks will be on the move.

Good luck out there!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Let it snow!haha, Looking forward to Friday and Saturday

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Got two "road poachers" on my land the first Sunday, unfortunately after one of them downed 2 deer. He shot no more than 150 yrds from my house and he thought he had the right to be an a-hole to us while on my land with they're 4-wheeler picking up the deer! Ah well, the boys in green took care of them.
good job on gettting them caught. Chased 4 guys from a field just up the road from my parents place the other day. 2 deer in the field well within the 400m limit and they are standing in the field within 100m of a house....not a clue.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I asked at the store down from my house,at Douglas Harbor, they had 28 bucks and one doe registered,of the bucks there were a couple big bruisers, the biggest a huge 8pnt was regisetered saturday morning, but most were your average 4-8 pnt. Last year they had 27 deer, but before that the average was closer to 50 -60 deer a season, these two past years were the worst as far as numbers

1 - 20 of 41 Posts