New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone, this is where we'll enter the pics of the moose entered for the contest.Sounds like we have some bigs bulls and the winner should be obvious.Just need a clear pic of the rack and measuring tape across it at the widest point.The contetant who harvested a cow can enter pics in this topic as well but can we keep the compliments and other stuff for another post..Thanks everyone RR

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Is this a contender?

Some field pics:

DNR entered it as an 18pt bull, but I only count 17 scoreable, with a 53 and 6/8....OK OK let's round it up to 54 LOL!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well my hunting wasn't much of a success. I came down with the flu monday and still cant shake it. Lets just say i didnt get much done in the woods. I gave it everything i could and it takes alot to stop me from hunting, but i wasnt able to do much besides sleep. Driving was out of the question too, motion wasnt helping! so heres my only picture, that was taken of me on the last day doing the only thing i could do! For my very first moose hunt, it was a huge disapointment, but thats part of life and too late to change it now! But congrats to everyone who did well! and send me an address lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
congrats all...Nice bull BE...No luck for us this year...terrible 3 days for moose calling... no response in 3 days...Never had that happen before...funny thing is I called from the camp saturday night for the hell off it and when i came out sunday.. of coarse tracks all around were i called...I guess thats why they call it huntin and not killing lol...still had a blast the hunters i was with were fantastic...still had a great time...again congrats to all that were succesful...cheers Bam

·
Registered
192 Posts
I can clearly see that Bullseye is the winner! What a dandy. We had a great week I saw 19 moose from Tuesday morning to Friday night. ( 15 bulls and 4 cows ) We didn't get the big one we were after but we got a 3 pt Friday night. I will post pics and video once I get them. Congrats everyone.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you've won BullsEye. Just post your name and address and the gifts should be on there way...Congrats on a great moose and story..RR

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
I hate giving away my address and name over the net, so if it's allright with you all, let's just award me bragging rights for being the best moose hunter in 2010 on this forum and we can all call it even LOL!!!

Just got back from a 14hr shift in the woods guiding a crew and saw a couple of moose, they looked **** scared of me....wonder why?...

Does anybody know if BuckNut got his moose in Zone 12 this year? Really curious to find out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I hate giving away my address and name over the net, so if it's allright with you all, let's just award me bragging rights for being the best moose hunter in 2010 on this forum and we can all call it even LOL!!!
Well congrats to you again and if you change your mind let me know! very nice bull you got!

·
Registered
699 Posts

Just got back from a 14hr shift in the woods guiding a crew and saw a couple of moose, they looked **** scared of me....wonder why?...

Does anybody know if BuckNut got his moose in Zone 12 this year? Really curious to find out.

Thanks.
As you wish BE...you are the best moose hunter in 2010 on this forum!!

Congrats on the nice moose and a great hunt!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats again to all and it is so nice to see and read all the good story's of the hunts...IMO thats what it is all about...Cudos to you BE...Drinks down the Little Hen Lodge any time on me...Cheers Bam

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Congrats again to all and it is so nice to see and read all the good story's of the hunts...IMO thats what it is all about...Cudos to you BE...Drinks down the Little Hen Lodge any time on me...Cheers Bam
now that's an invite I might just not be able to refuse.....Picture Province wasn't it hey Bam? LOL!

Thanks everyone, we were blessed this year to say the least.

BTW, I saw what I think would have to be the biggest moose bull I have ever seen in the wild yesterday at 4:00PM walking alongside a gravel road. No photo opp, he quickly slipped out, but I could hear him grunting all the way down to a marshy area, the size of the track left in the loose gravel was simply unreal, I have only seen a couple like that in all my days in the woods, from the tip of my fingers to the start of my wrist, roughly 7'' wide, and a full 11'' long, draw it out, you'll see what I mean....pics to come shortly of the track,,,an absolute monster well over the 1,000 lbs mark for sure.

There was another buck grunting to the South of him and a cow in estrous nearby, so he was keen on going to service her for sure!

Cheers everyone.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You better get back after him man, i want some pics on here of that bull.You'll call him out next time, get back there...C'mon C'mon

·
Registered
290 Posts
now that's an invite I might just not be able to refuse.....Picture Province wasn't it hey Bam? LOL!

Thanks everyone, we were blessed this year to say the least.

BTW, I saw what I think would have to be the biggest moose bull I have ever seen in the wild yesterday at 4:00PM walking alongside a gravel road. No photo opp, he quickly slipped out, but I could hear him grunting all the way down to a marshy area, the size of the track left in the loose gravel was simply unreal, I have only seen a couple like that in all my days in the woods, from the tip of my fingers to the start of my wrist, roughly 7'' wide, and a full 11'' long, draw it out, you'll see what I mean....pics to come shortly of the track,,,an absolute monster well over the 1,000 lbs mark for sure.

There was another buck grunting to the South of him and a cow in estrous nearby, so he was keen on going to service her for sure!

Cheers everyone.
To the best moose hunter on NBH for 2010,

I see the scouting has begun for 2011! Congrats again on that huge bull and great hunt overall..

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
You better get back after him man, i want some pics on here of that bull.You'll call him out next time, get back there...C'mon C'mon
LOL! They don't get this big for being foolish I guess! Best I can do is post the track pics I promised. For perspective, my hand is approx 7" long from the start of my palm to the tip of my fingers. This is an imprint on a packed dirt road, not in soft mud...I've only seen 2-3 sets of tracks this big in the woods, truly a giant bull.

Hope pics clarity really shows how big this track was, here goes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts