New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks I wanna start by saying welcome back for the 2010 season. I know someone else did this last year and this is not me trying to take over for them but just a quick forum post to start getting suggestions for this years event. I will manage everything this year if no one else wants to or if someone else wishes to then be my guest. I wanna ask a few things and see what i get for suggestions over the next few weeks.

Such as: Do we use teams like last year? -- Do we leave it just for deer or add points for teams that take bears and moose? -- Cut off date for joining? -- Point values? -- Out of province hunting? -- Bonus for bow hunting?

Those are just a few things that i can think of right off hand that we talked a bit about last year. So please reply and let's hear some ideas and I will keep track of what people are thinking and create a much more in depth post about rules and the such later on in the summer.

So lets hear it fellas.

Cheers,
Russ

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Well to me...A Deer Contest is just that...A DEER CONTEST
I'd rather see it in singles format, but then again last years wasnt all that bad.
Either way its a fun contest for the site IMO.

P.S.
Me & Bulls Eye will have er all summed up this year with all them big North Shore Smashers to choose from!!

Good thing we only lost 60% of the herd Up North Eh

·
Registered
565 Posts
I liked the team thing last year, kind of made it nice to have something to talk about with your teammates that you otherwise wouldn't know. I also got to meet somebody on my team that I otherwise wouldn't have met and spent a nice afternoon at the camp because of the team aspect. Also it was fun to watch the numbers role in as various team members recording thier kills and I found myself really rooting for the guys on my team to be successful..It was good fun. Having said that I'm not sure who won and what if any prizes they got but I guess that means I was too busy having fun.
I think it needs to be deer only though, the moose guys, (notice I'm excluding myself on the moose thing cause I prolly won't get drawn EVER) can do their own thing.
Members only
NB deer only

Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I liked the team thing last year, kind of made it nice to have something to talk about with your teammates that you otherwise wouldn't know. I also got to meet somebody on my team that I otherwise wouldn't have met and spent a nice afternoon at the camp because of the team aspect. Also it was fun to watch the numbers role in as various team members recording thier kills and I found myself really rooting for the guys on my team to be successful..It was good fun. Having said that I'm not sure who won and what if any prizes they got but I guess that means I was too busy having fun.
I think it needs to be deer only though, the moose guys, (notice I'm excluding myself on the moose thing cause I prolly won't get drawn EVER) can do their own thing.
Members only
NB deer only

Thats my opinion.
NB deer only, no other game just deer!

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
I enjoyed the team concept last year and the razzing between team members. It was like being at a ''virtual deer camp''

I hunt out of Province and I don't think those deer should count as an entry. What I liked most of last year's contest was award for best story (successful hunt relived and told by lucky hunter). In the midst of everybody going out and enjoying time outdoors, some of us having had the chance to harvest a deer, there's always that ONE story that comes out as THE hunt of a lifetime.

I say keep everything the same.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not a bad format last year but I agree to not allowing any deer outside New Brunswick.

Either a team or self doesn't really matter to me.

Did I mention I already have my target bucks located and hopefully will take one of them.

Here's a sneak picture of a few!

and this one very close to Moncton.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree as well that the team aspect of it was fun. Keep it the same as last year. Oh, by the way, "Trophy takers" were the ones that won last year.( NO prizes just bragging rights)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I agree as well that the team aspect of it was fun. Keep it the same as last year. Oh, by the way, "Trophy takers" were the ones that won last year.( NO prizes just bragging rights)
The only reason you guys won is because you took more deer and bigger deer than any other team...tell me how thats fair? Its the same as Toronto not being able to win the Stanley Cup because they can't make the playoffs, just doesn't seem right somehow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
First off....Hi all...how's everyone doing?

I agree with the other suggestions about keeping the contest pretty much the same as last year with the exception of out of province deer being allowed...I think it should be N.B. deer only (just to keep it fair)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good so far guys keep the suggestions coming in a couple weeks i will sit down and go through everything we have here and draft something up and propose it to you guys.

Cheers,
Russ

·
Registered
40 Posts
i think that each team should be aloud an outa prov hunter on there team im sure theres lots of us that use this web site to see what is going on back home in NB thats just IMO i mean this is just for fun

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i think that each team should be aloud an outa prov hunter on there team im sure theres lots of us that use this web site to see what is going on back home in NB
I see what your saying pal,
But what does them checking the site have to do with the deer contest?
Shouldnt it be for N.B. Residents w/ a valid 2010 NB Deer License?
Maybe I'm Wrong...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Teams was a good idea. 1 point per point
5 bonus points for any over 200 lbs 1/2 point for doe. Only NB deer count. Winning team gets an all expense paid Alaskan moose hunt, paid for by the NB government.
(Just had to put that in there.) Just for fun and bragging rights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
can their be a skunked award this year ....the man or team with the most unsuccessful hunt days in get the skunked award! lol id throw that trophy on the mantle make a good conversation piece lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts