New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
January 15th, 2010 06:23 PM Posts:1detroyer of all other bows
I shot the destroyer 340 today and DEAR GOD! I always say shoot what you like , but I can't imagine not liking this bow best. The draw cycle is pure butter. It was so silent and without shock I barley new it went off. There is absolutly no hump. Using a 2 finger grip, the bow stood straight up and down. Light, balanced, great looking and lightning fast. And all this from a lifetime mathews shooter. Don't get me wrong I love my reezen and the new z7 is amazing but there is no comparison. Can't wait for payday.

Shoot what you like but shoot this first and you won't have to waist any more time.

And please. if there is a bow that you think is better please let me know. Cause that would be a bow I'd HAVE to shoot
Listening to all you guys on here buying new bows and how they are soooooo much better I'm getting a bit of a bug to try some new bows. With the Z7, Monster, PSE Evo/Axe and even the new 340 I'm starting to wonder how they stack up with my old guardian.

So who has shot the new 2011 line-ups and what have you shot and what did you like/not like with what you tried and who is carrying Bowtech, Hoyt, Matthews or PSE in New brunswick.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
8 days, 18 hours and 40 minutes left

Saving the flagship till the ATA, be interesting to see what it is...maybe

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
hehe i was thinking the same thing

Ive tried a few 2011s but im not gonna give you my opinion lol, but Dont be afraid to try the evo, Its better then my axe, i would of gotten it but i couldnt wait 2 months, Im kinda waiting to see bowtechs new bow before i go ahaid and order the evo, Its to early in the year to be done buying bows lol. It wouldnt suprise me if you fell in love with the darton 3800 pro, I think it would fit your bill nicely although its fast lol, I liked my axe better then the darton, only because of the grip i am so use to. I knew something was up when i seen all the for sale adds, i didnt say nuthen cuz i wasnt sure if SHE made ya downsize or what lol

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not sure where you guys are trying your new 2011 bows but I live in Southern New Brunswick and nobody carries any inventory let alone demonstrators.

Besides anybody that has carried bows around here since 1993 in my opninion had nothing in stock and anything they did was/is way over priced. Pretty much the main reason why I haven't bought a new bow in years. I've been to many basement shops, baby barns, and garages and a few stores over the years only to come out very disapointed. I've ordered items and ended up not getting what I wanted or had to wait several weeks to pay an inflated price. Basically ending up settling for whatever they had to sell. Oh and I just love how some shop owners try and tell you what to buy. Really makes me want to go back!

I plan on getting a new bow this year and want a high end bow but I won't buy one from a basement bob or somebody that expects me to pay over $1000 for a bow they have to order in for me. Not going to happen!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Not sure where you guys are trying your new 2011 bows but I live in Southern New Brunswick and nobody carries any inventory let alone demonstrators.

Besides anybody that has carried bows around here since 1993 in my opninion had nothing in stock and anything they did was/is way over priced. Pretty much the main reason why I haven't bought a new bow in years. I've been to many basement shops, baby barns, and garages and a few stores over the years only to come out very disapointed. I've ordered items and ended up not getting what I wanted or had to wait several weeks to pay an inflated price. Basically ending up settling for whatever they had to sell. Oh and I just love how some shop owners try and tell you what to buy. Really makes me want to go back!

I plan on getting a new bow this year and want a high end bow but I won't buy one from a basement bob or somebody that expects me to pay over $1000 for a bow they have to order in for me. Not going to happen!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I checked out all the new Mathews bow on youtube,Pse,bowtech's ect.To tell you the truth there are so many fast ,quite ,wicked shooting machines out there it's getting harder and harder to pick the best.I think they are all awesome and I want one of each!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have hunted with an old bear whitetail II for 18 years,just bought a hoyt alpha max 32,last winter.Of course i like it after the old bear,but should i have tried other bows,what do you think.The old bear put down around 15 deer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
mark in sussex at tecc archery is a dealer for mission bear hoyt mathews i dont know about stock

·
Registered
46 Posts
Old town archery center in old town just above Bangor.Would like to have bought local but saved over 300.00 on price of bare bow

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Old town archery in maine, enough said if you dont wanna order, Anything local ya gotta luck out really, If ya whant pse atlantic archery carries some good bows, but like ya say ya gotta be there when they are

1 - 10 of 10 Posts