New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
The 2nd annual Saint John chapter NWTF hunting heritage banquet will be held on 02 April, same location as last year, Hilton Trade and Convention Center. This year Centennial will be putting two trucks at our banquet and if you win the key game you would have your choice of vehicles. We will also have a UTV from the Power Store with a similar game to win it as well.

This year's ticket prices are as follows;

Single $69.00 (one membership and one meal and one door prize ticket)

Couple $99.00 (one membership and two meals and two door prize tickets)

Jakes $29.00 (one youth membership and one kids meal and one door prize ticket)

The other big change this year is if you purchase a couple ticket you can bring anyone you want with you (vice last year when you would be expected to bring your significant other that lives at the same address as you). For a couple ticket there will be two door prize tickets issued, one per person, so potentially two guys could attend for $50 each and only one would get the membership. I'm hoping that this will result in more tickets sold.

Here is the link to this year's Banquet Package
http://nwtf.smugmug....174491178_DHCag

This year we will have the following guns at our dinner;

Savage Model 70 Featherweight 308 cal (2011 Gun of the Year)

Mossberg 510 Mini 20 gauge (2011 Jakes Gun of the Year)

Taurus/Rossi Circuit Judge 410 / .45 Long Colt

Mossberg 835 Thumbhole Shotgun

Daisy Pink Red Rider BB Gun

Jakes BB Gun Limited Edition

Savage Mako .17HMR Cal Bolt Action

Umarex Ruger Blackhawk Air Rifle

Mossberg 702 Black 22 S Auto

I believe there will be two Savage Mako's for a total of ten guns up for grabs.

Early Bird Deadline is March 30, 2011
Option #1 - For $100 you get $200 worth of Sportsman​
Raffle Tickets, 1 Bonus Gun Ticket and an NWTF Cap.

Option #2 - For $125 you get $300 worth of Sportsman Raffle

Tickets, 2 bonus gun tickets, an NWTF cap and knife shown.

Sponsor Membership
For $300, you get a meal, sponsor membership, a sponsor pin, an NWTF sponsor bag, an NWTF sponsor cap, and $100 worth of Sportsman's Raffle Tickets and a bonus gun raffle ticket.​

Hopefully you can make it.

Cheers

Bill Gass
Home 506-357-6931
Cell 506-442-0789

·
Registered
125 Posts
If I can find the money, I'll try and be there! Sounds expensive, but I'm sure it'll be worth every penny!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went with a couple buddies last year. You're right it's a little on the pricey side but it's a great time and like most things I don't mind paying for quality! This event was well done I'd definitely consider going back this year.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the change this year whereby you could buy a couple ticket for $99 and split the cost with your hunting buddy if the Missus doesn't want to go. I recommend trying to sit close to me as it always seems that everybody at my table wins a big prize except me. Last year one buddy of mine won the "Pick of the Flock" prize whereby he got his pick of anything on the live auction prior to it starting. Another buddy (same night) won a .243 Cal Bolt action Rifle. In sussex the guy sitting next to me won the "Gun of the year" 20 gauge semi worth well over a thousand bucks.

Bill G.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty sure I can make room for you, however I intend on winning the Savage Mako so strike it off your list. Ha ha We are also looking for new committee mbrs to assist with the banquet. We are closer now than ever before to a T+T pgm with the next step being an enviromental impact assessment. I would encourage everyone to become involved by whatever means that your schedule permits.

Bill

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi everyone

Just to add a little more to this years event.
We have the Hilton as a sponsor this year .
We have a block of rooms for this event at just $99 a night!
This is Newbrunswick's only 5 star hotel.....you can"t beat that.
Come to the dinner and have a great night at the Hilton! Great way to spend the weekend.

The tickets are selling very well. Get yours by going to the Power Store , Centenial GMC or Dioron's Sports.
We have committee members in Moncton and Fredericton/Oromocto area so we can deliver if you want?

We have over $60,000 in prizes for this event. No other dinner in Atlantic Canada has this line up.

I will see you there!

Gobble gobble!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Guys, here is an updated list (hopefully final) of all the guns that will be at the Banquet.

WEATHERBY PUMP 12GA WALNUT STK 28" BARREL

SAVAGE MACO MOD.93R17

Mossberg 702 plinkster .22

Ruger Blackhawk air Rifle

Daisy RR PINK

Daisy RR BB Gun

2011 RIFLE-WINCH MODEL 70 FEATHERWEIGHT .308

2011 JAKES - MOSS 510 MINI 20GA

2011 MOSSBERG 835 THMHOLE TKY 63135

MOSSBERG ATR NIGHT TRAIN .308

Unfortunately the Circuit Judge .45/410 shotgun-rifle was deemed to be not legal by the RCMP and as such they have to be sent back to the US. This gun was replaced by the Mossberg Night Train .308 which is just a bolt action .308 with a 4-12 scope and bipod on the front.

Hope to see you there to show your support for the reintroduction of wild turkeys to NB.

Bill Gass
Home 506-357-6931
Cell 506-442-0789

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't forget about the side by side from the Power Store!
Kawasaki 4 X 4 UTV full camo! How about taking that home with you!

You can get tickets at Centenial GMC, Dioron's Sports, Saint John Ale House and the Power Store in Saint John.

We have members on our committee in the Fredericton area and also from the Moncton area that you can get tickets from.
I am in Halifax all the time too!
We can also do it on line as well.

No other dinner will have this line up of prizes! No one!

We will have a Turkey hunting trip in Maine as a prize as well. The owner will be present to tell you all about it too!

We need your support as we are working to bring more turkeys to NB. Help us help you!

Cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys

We are getting down to the wire with three weeks to go until the banquet on 02 April. I realize that some folks may think the price is a bit high and I fully understand where they are coming from, especially given the job market in NB. However our price is comparable to any other dinner/auction event such as DU or Delta. Which are both fine organizations and doing alot of great work as well. That is why we reduced the price of a couples ticket by $13 from last year's price and changed the rules so that you could bring who ever you wanted with a couples ticket. So a $99 ticket divided between you and your hunting buddy is only $49.50 each and you've just gotta share the magazine. I guess what I'm trying to say is this event/issue isn't about the price of a meal or ticket or whether you won a prize or not, it's about showing your support for the reintroduction of wild turkeys into NB. If you think that it's a good idea then I would highly encourage you to attend. It is my firm belief that if we have a poor showing then our elected leaders will get the false impression that support for our reintroduction plan is low. Which we know is not the case, any hunters that I run into are always very keen to hear where we are on the issue. With the EIA process already started we could be releasing turkeys as early as next year. So now is a critical time that we need your support.

Cheers

Bill G.
[email protected]
H 506-357-6931
C 506-442-0789

·
Registered
283 Posts
Guy's here are some pics from the 2010 Banquet.

Bill G.

You won't want to miss this event as I am sure that it will be the Sporting Banquet of the year especially if someone wins a new truck or UTV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts