New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting here again thinking about last year and going over in my head all my plans and intentions that I had for the past year and season .Just what things worked out well and what I will do differently this year.First of all I am the kind of guy who always tries to do the most I can at everything I do , if I think something would help or I get anew idea I usually try to look into it . Sometimes it makes for alot of enjoyment and rewards other times just a lot of effort .My biggest dissapointment of 2010 was the fact that I was super buisy at work this year and time was very limited.I did managed to get away for a few days but I got sick and literaly could not leave the rv.What a dissapointment. I think this year I am comitting to simplefy everything I can . Gonna even try to do alot hunting more close to home , maybe try to get something going with more longterm rewards for my efforts . Got a few spots I always wanted to put some licks out at , might even try a couple plots to see what happens. Just wondering what everyone else is thinking about that they will do again in 2011 or what they may try differently? Plot varieties/sart baiting early vs no baiting?/scents / maybe using tent blind to avoid hassel of setting up stands? Pick new hunting partners? New locations. gonna try a bow ? What about if you can use a cross bow??? Just running through some ideas , what about you guys??

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Don't take on so much "stuff" this year and get all my work done earlier in the year so I am not still doing stuff when the season rolls around. Put stands up early in July instead of right before the season. Gonna plant a few plots but keep it simple, corn, beans, brassica and perennial mix, nothing fancy. Concentrate more on TSI instead of plots this year. Gonna shoot that 14pt this year with my bow if he's still alive. Get out to a 3D shoot or two this year and practise more with my bow. Get more trees planted this year than last. Take my boys hunting with me more and run a little trapline with them around the farm, maybe some dirtholing for fox/yote and a few cubbies and water sets for mink, **** and otter. Remember to put in for some bobcat tags too.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have a perpetual HTD List

TSI = Timber Stand Improvement

·
Registered
129 Posts
i'm very excited for 2011. this year my buddy who has been away for 4 years is getting sent back to base gagetown for a 5 month training program. we have made a deal that i'll take him on a spring bear hunt and he will take me for a whitetail hunt in saskatchewan this fall, when he gets sent back. we also plan on blasting some coyotes, clays, and just sending lead down range. also looking forward to getting into reloading, finally finishing my 4x4 project truck in the garage (5 1/2 years and counting), and getting back on track at speedway 660.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Gonna Try To Lay Off The Captain Morgan a Lil This Year...Doc's Orders!!

I'm shhhhhhore there will be a drinky poo snuck in from time to time Ca'monnnnnnnn!!!!
HAAAAAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Gonna top my buck from this year, Also be a good dad to my first child whos due in feb, Also might try to be a decent husband, But one of the most important spend time with my father building our new camp and putting in some plots.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well this is going to be one heck of a year for me! I already set up my treestand for some local coyote hunting and my trail camera is ready to take the picture of the buck I'll end up shooting in the fall!!
Also, by the time deer season roles around, I'll be 18 and old enough to go hunting by myself. This year me and my dad didn't get out too much because of him working. I'd also like to get into reloading if I get enough money (but most will be going into college fund [Hopefully Forestry school
]). If I don't get into college this year, I won't be out of the deer stand much!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts