New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good Day

Since my last post and pics disappeared in the server maint I decied to update everyone again. The day started off with alot of hard work unpacking boxes, putting things together and arranging the banquet hall. By around 5 pm preparations were complete with the early folks starting to show by 5:30 pm. Socializing and playing the games, tickets etc was in full swing by 6pm and by 7:30pm the meal was set out. I think that everyone that attended would agree with me that the meal was outstanding. It was buffet style with lots to go around and seconds for anyone who wanted it. But after the three kinds of pie and the same amount of cheesecake and all the brownies and other finger deserts, not many were up for seconds. The live auction was conducted by Brain Smith our regional NWTF rep, and we had a good laugh at his expense when he tried to pronouce a few folks names. One gentleman and his wife won three guns between them. The winner of the NWTF Gun of the Year was Shaun Erickson. I forget who won that Budweiser Screen tent but I hope that it came down easier than it went up. I'm pretty sure that not many went home empty handed as we gave out quite a few free hats at the end of the night to anyone who didn't already have one. I would like to thank everyone who attended for their support, not only to make our chapters banquet a success but to send a clear signal that we want wild turkeys reintroduced into NB. With over 180 people in attendance I think that we got the message across, that New Brunswickers are excited about seeing wild turkeys and they want them here. When people ask "how can I help out?" I always tell them that they should join the Sussex or Saint John chapter committee, it can be as big or as little of a committment as you want to make it. The second thing I tell them is to contact your MLA, Minister of Natural Resources and the Premier and tell them that you support a trap and transfer program to bring wild birds down from Ontario to get our population going. Just incase any one wants to attend our next committee meeting will be at 6pm on 26 April at the "Ale House" in Market Square, Saint John. Why not come out and see what our chapter is all about, the meetings are very informal and everyone always has their say. Hope to see some of you there.

Bill Gass
VP
SJRV Chapter
NWTF

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bill just to let you know the Truro, Nova Scotia NWTF banquet is June 4th. For tickets go onto the NWTF site and see his contact information. How is the Environmental Impact Assessment coming along with respect to releasing wild turkeys in NB. TH

·
Registered
515 Posts
Bill just to let you know the Truro, Nova Scotia NWTF banquet is June 4th. For tickets go onto the NWTF site and see his contact information. How is the Environmental Impact Assessment coming along with respect to releasing wild turkeys in NB. TH
Turkey Hunter

We haven't started the assessment yet. We are trying to secure funding as this will cost $30,000.
We are planning to come to the dinner in Truro.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts