New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
2012 NBH DEER Contest

Overview

This is a friendly contest among members of the site so we can have a forum to display our successes and to enjoy each other's hunts. We all truly enjoy this time of year and I know that I look forward to this the whole year. I am sure that goes for most of you. So I ask you all this please do not turn this into an argument or hateful banter or slander. I wish for this to be fun and enjoyable. I trust in all of you veterans of the site that you guys can help me keep this contest in good tastes. Now that I am done with that here is what I have come up with for the contest. All of which can be discussed but once registration is complete the rules will not be changed.

When you sign up can you please state
Name
Zone hunting
Where you are from
Gun or Bow

Rules

1. Site Members Only

2. NB Deer Only --- Bucks and Does

3. Team Style Format --- Size to be determined after registration complete but not likely more then 4 or 5.

4. Cut Off for Registration 16th of September(To give time for team making/naming/SMACK TALK)

5. Must Register in the Registration Thread to be eligible for contest

6. Bonus for Archery -- Must be clearly shown in your entry photo

7. All Awards are Bragging Rights

8. All entries must be in by the Wednesday following the close of Deer season

Scoring

Doe = 10 Points

Bucks = 6 Points + 1 Point per 1 Inch Point

Archery Bonus = 1 Points
Recurve = 2 points

Now hear my take on this, I feel that taking a doe to help manage the herd is sometimes just as important if not more important than taking a small buck say 2-4 pointer. I didn't want teams to feel punished if you would for taking a doe so scoring is quite fair in that department. Let me know what you think on this it is open for discussion.

IMPORTANT --- Your photo/photos submitted of your deer must clearly show your 2012 NB deer tag. It must clearly show all points and a visible comparison if points could be in question(I.E. close to 1 inch long). Photos must be ethical, no major amounts of blood all over the place no disrespecting the animal. Stuff like that. The right is reserved to remove any entry if photo is deemed unsuitable(this can be discussed) but it is just my thoughts on the subject.

Hunting Camp/Adventure Photo Bonus Points

So this is kinda new I wanted to add something to get some photos out and about throughout the season. This will be a 1 photo per team member entry and is worth 1 point per photo to the team. Does not have to be submitted with a deer, can be entered anytime.

Can be anything from a shot of you at the hunting camp with buddies, could be a great shot of the big deer woods we all love. It could be a massive deer rub, something that really impressed you that you think other people might like to see.

Just make it something original. That encompasses this great time of year and captures the spirit of the hunt.

1 Point per Photo

1 Photo per Team Member

Let me know what you all think of this.
something else i want to throw in. How about 5 bonus points for each hunter who takes a young hunter /kid with them. BUT you have to write alittle story about the day of hunting and a picture with you and the young hunter.

Awards

1. Biggest Buck -- Most Points

2. Best Story/Recount of Your Hunt

3. Overall Winner -- Team with Most Points

4. Skunk Winner -- Team with Least Points

5. Best Typical Rack

6. Wildest Non-Typical Rack

7. Best Hunting Camp/Adventure Photo

8. Best kids hunting story

cut off date is sept 16th 11:59 pm for registration

Please let the feedback happen and lets hear some discussions. Hope this is along the lines of what people are looking for.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Im in. always a great time... Hunting Zone 17, rifle and slug gun, from Douglas Harbour

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
IN...
Hanwell area mainly..
BOW - Mostly, GUN.(late season if needed -
)

Also, Can we change " Your photo/photos submitted of your deer must clearly show your 2012 NB deer tag"
to a sign showing date/year also eligable..(No tag here..
)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome abourd PJ, critter, CRL and mu in
yes we can do that mu in, i dont see a problem with it

thanks critter
i know i enjoyed it the last 2 yrs and hate to see it not continue again this year!

i just hope i can keep up and keep everyone happy

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
I'm in zone 20 or east st john can't remember the zone lol i'll be hunting with my bow mostly but when it comes down to the wire ill bring out the rifle deer just tastes to good..thanks MN I'm lookin forward to seeing pic's of everyones deer and hopfully one of my own..

·
Registered
612 Posts
IN...
Hanwell area mainly..
BOW - Mostly, GUN.(late season if needed -
)

Also, Can we change " Your photo/photos submitted of your deer must clearly show your 2012 NB deer tag"
to a sign showing date/year also eligable..(No tag here..
)

Thanks
Well ,well ,well .Contest hasn't started and rules need to be changed !!!

Critter

·
Registered
425 Posts
Count me in too. I'm from the Miramichi area, and will be hunting primarily with a rifle in zone 12. (might give the cross bow a try too). I will also be spending a week around the Havelock area for the first time( not sure what zone that is). Thank you Mister November for organizing this.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Name
Wardo

Zone hunting
27 early, then 22-23-18

Where you are from
Saint John Area

Gun or Bow
Both, Bow Mostly

1 - 20 of 240 Posts