team 3, gun, 6 pt. shot this morn at 10:30am

IMG_0270_zpsvwnghhpd.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_20151026_103831_zps56ck3a4m.jpg
[/URL]

·
Registered
278 Posts
The real season only start next week, that's when the bucks get out of hiding to tend those doe in heat. Hopefully we will see more pics of awesome bucks. Good Luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
shedhunternb emailed me asking to upload his entry for him, I told him send a few more pics if he wants to share.

6pts team 3

also charged him an admin fee for submitting his entry = 1 backstrap :) lol

unnamed_zps1ktkmcil.jpg

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
As of Nov 12 1PM

check entries at start of this thread, make sure I haven't missed any

SCOREBOARD

If its brown its down =
TEAM 2 = 6
TEAM 3 = 18
RackSmashers = 2
Team 5 = 28

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
here is my 9pt with rifle

team = rack smashers

2773F697-54AB-4B48-98BE-03E918A9488A_zps

FF4B770B-BA07-452E-ACEB-3173594CD35E_zps

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
4pt
team = racksmashers

Well folks...I was having a sandwich in my ground blind whenm I heard a snap to my left and I thought ....busted.I slowly turned my head to see part of an antler sticking out past a tree with the body fully exposed at 20 feet.I slid out of my chair and settled the crosshairs on him and shot.

PB120001_zps8elnuyhq.jpg

PB120007_zpskckjzdod.jpg

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
SCOREBOARD

If its brown its down = 10
TEAM 2 = 6
TEAM 3 = 18
RackSmashers = 15
Team 5 = 40

As of Nov 16 10AM

guys double check to make sure I haven't missed any entries!!!

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Here is my Team 2 entry: Huge 7 pointer archery kill after too many hours spent on stand as per my wife LOL (71hrs). This old warrior only showed up once daytime in 48 days of heavy trail cam monitoring and stand hunting. The 2nd time he did, I was waiting for him bow in hand. I have shot bigger, but this guy now ranks at the top for me, considering the hard work I put in with pre-season scouting, sticking to my game plan and sticking to my bow thru 6 weeks even after a fluke miss at a heavy and high 10 the week before (bow mechanics).

A very special thank you to GC and RD (u know who u are) for keeping me on tract with this bow quest, you never gave up on my temporary insanity!! Bow hunting in New-Brunswick, especially this year.....man...

]
Side%20prop_zpsexsry6l6.jpg
[/URL]

Frontal_zpsrmkrlpui.jpg
[/URL]

Buck%20Scale_zpsccfmuddl.jpg
[/URL]

Good luck to all out there for the last week of this best time of year!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
SCOREBOARD

If its brown its down = 10
TEAM 2 = 16
TEAM 3 = 18
RackSmashers = 15
Team 5 = 40

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here is my Team 2 entry: Huge 7 pointer archery kill after too many hours spent on stand as per my wife LOL (71hrs). This old warrior only showed up once daytime in 48 days of heavy trail cam monitoring and stand hunting. The 2nd time he did, I was waiting for him bow in hand. I have shot bigger, but this guy now ranks at the top for me, considering the hard work I put in with pre-season scouting, sticking to my game plan and sticking to my bow thru 6 weeks even after a fluke miss at a heavy and high 10 the week before (bow mechanics).

A very special thank you to GC and RD (u know who u are) for keeping me on tract with this bow quest, you never gave up on my temporary insanity!! Bow hunting in New-Brunswick, especially this year.....man...
]
Side%20prop_zpsexsry6l6.jpg
[/URL]

Frontal_zpsrmkrlpui.jpg
[/URL]

Buck%20Scale_zpsccfmuddl.jpg
[/URL]

Good luck to all out there for the last week of this best time of year!
Three thumbs up Bullseye and big congrats, WTG man....taking ANY legal buck by ANY means is an accomplishment in itself these days in NB...taking a true trophy NB buck is either pure fluke or reserved for the elite 5% ...taking him with a bow in week 6 is off the charts special!!
Big congrats deerhunter,well done!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts