IMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0592.jpg
IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0607.jpg

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
NBDH: Please add another 11 points to the Team 5 board. Feel free to move the pics over to the summary page. Im exhausted from all the cutting and pasting haha. This site has to be the worst for uploading pictures... :blink:

I arrowed an 8 pointer down last night with the stick and string. Pics to follow when I can figure out how to load them.

:rolleyes:

Edit: Hope this works.

2015%20deer%204_zpsxvgacpct.jpg

f659de9f-cfe6-4050-80b1-baa7d9c55a84_zps
[/URLhttp://s262.photobucket.com/user/the3dwoodlot/media/2015%20g5_zpspobzkzy1.jpg.html]
2015%20g5_zpspobzkzy1.jpg
]

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
SCOREBOARD

If its brown its down = 13
TEAM 2 = 25
TEAM 3 = 18
RackSmashers = 15
Team 5 = 51

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Thanks AB. Came in on a light grunt and snort sequence about 5 minutes after.....had to wait it out 8-10 minutes for offering a shot. I never had buck fever in 10 years....but 3x this yr. Last week on a 140 class 10, this spring after shooting a monster bear and just before releasing on this one....getting close adds a dimension and I love it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
buck fever to me is part of the excitement of hunting...up close and personal sure does drive the level up. Being able to control that excitement (buck fever) is a challenge at times but its all part of the game

The 9pt I shot saturday was about 25yrds away and wow did I have the shakes after he dropped

My heart pounds a bit harder when I see a doe and knowing full well i am not shooting it.

The day that excitement is gone is the day I stop hunting.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here is my Team 2 entry: Huge 7 pointer archery kill after too many hours spent on stand as per my wife LOL (71hrs). This old warrior only showed up once daytime in 48 days of heavy trail cam monitoring and stand hunting. The 2nd time he did, I was waiting for him bow in hand. I have shot bigger, but this guy now ranks at the top for me, considering the hard work I put in with pre-season scouting, sticking to my game plan and sticking to my bow thru 6 weeks even after a fluke miss at a heavy and high 10 the week before (bow mechanics).

A very special thank you to GC and RD (u know who u are) for keeping me on tract with this bow quest, you never gave up on my temporary insanity!! Bow hunting in New-Brunswick, especially this year.....man...

]
Side%20prop_zpsexsry6l6.jpg
[/URL]

Frontal_zpsrmkrlpui.jpg
[/URL]

Buck%20Scale_zpsccfmuddl.jpg
[/URL]

Good luck to all out there for the last week of this best time of year!
Great story and awesome Buck.....Congrats Paul :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well - sat the last day on a stand where there was a fork horn and a nice 8 pointer. Took an old 18th century 30-30 of my great grandfathers for nostalgic reasons, and also because where I was going it was too far to lug the bow through brush. Little bleating, little grunting, but nothing impressive for 3 hours. Last hour in sneaks a deer through the trees......I kept looking for antlers....

Finally - I saw BONE! however, only the 4 point. So - I practiced what I preach. After all the talk here about the shape of the herd, and given I already took a doe with the bow (55 yard shot to boot) I was quite content to let him go and watch him grow. Wife growled me out for leaving the mincemeat on the hoof.....but my 1.5 year old heifer will get the lead pill some day next week....LOL!

Nice deer here boys - congrats to all of you. Very nice the last 2 posts...and yes - nothing quite like the new dimension archery adds

. This year's doe makes deer no. 12 for me with the bow, and with this I officially have harvested more deer with a bow than with the gun - big thanks to Richard Hoar and Tom Byers for keeping me at it and all the pointers. VERY good archers/hunters those boys!

Axeman.

·
Registered
867 Posts
congrates to team 5 it look like there the new champs
Whoa whoa whoa....slow down their bud!
Pretty sure the rules state Nov.30 deadline to enter a buck,yes?
That gives me 8 full days yet to steal the title for RackSmashers with a 37 pointer,lol.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Hmmmm NOV 30 you say ... ^_^ ;)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hmmmm NOV 30 you say ... ^_^ ;)
Haha....and you ONLY need a 27pt for the win. ;)
Hmmmmm....I wonder if daveyn left AB for home yet,I could probly use some help with this 37pt thing,that's a kinda tall order,lol

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
LOL... Real tall order for here... can i tape a few together .. LOL

·
Registered
867 Posts
LOL... Real tall order for here... can i tape a few together .. LOL
Mehhh....no problem....I just need to tag a 6x6 elk,5x5 muley,and 15pt Non-Typ WT this week for the win. :D
That's only 3x personal career bests in 5 days?
What???....it COULD happen? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
best of luck.. :)

Going to take alot of spikes and forks around here to make 27 points.. LOL

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
3 more days to get your entries in but looks like congratulations to team 5 is in order

hopefully everyone enjoyed the contest this year and more importantly enjoyed their time in the woods I mean clearcuts :)

41 - 58 of 58 Posts