New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am new to this forum and may I say great forum, I would like to get your guys take on the 204 ruger for coyote hunting.Currently I own two of them.They are a tikka T-3 lite and a savage model 12 not so lite.This caliber shoots very flat out to 300 meters but peters out after that. just wondering what you guys think and if you own any of them, thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hi guys I am new to this forum and may I say great forum, I would like to get your guys take on the 204 ruger for coyote hunting.Currently I own two of them.They are a tikka T-3 lite and a savage model 12 not so lite.This caliber shoots very flat out to 300 meters but peters out after that. just wondering what you guys think and if you own any of them, thanks
Shes the very best out to 300 C'mon...After that the wind wins!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
the host on Predator Quest, he uses the .204 with no issues on coyotes.. I think he prefers it to the 22-250

·
Registered
53 Posts
the host on Predator Quest, he uses the .204 with no issues on coyotes.. I think he prefers it to the 22-250
True,,,But when Les was asked last march in Sussex, he said he was paid to use it,,,sponsership and all.

Coyotes are hard to kill, anyone who has shot any number can tell you.Shot placement is important;break his shoulder, blow off a leg and they will run until the die usually much further than you want to hike.

I have most all .22 caliber and my first choice would be the 22-250.I believe in the the most hitting power.

·
Registered
289 Posts
True,,,But when Les was asked last march in Sussex, he said he was paid to use it,,,sponsership and all.

Coyotes are hard to kill, anyone who has shot any number can tell you.Shot placement is important;break his shoulder, blow off a leg and they will run until the die usually much further than you want to hike.

I have most all .22 caliber and my first choice would be the 22-250.I believe in the the most hitting power.
Do you have a 220 swift or 223WSSM.?

22-250 is a great choice IMO. BTW

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do you have a 220 swift or 223WSSM.?

22-250 is a great choice IMO. BTW
I did say most,,,should be said most popular,,lol.

I have .22Mag, 222REM, 2-223REM, and 3-22 250s
Also for coyotes I would not rule out 12ga with 3 1/2 mags. With the right load and choke it can be well suited in cover. When calling some shots can be close.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with Predator Hunter regarding the 22-250. I have a .17 Rem, .22 Rem, .223 Rem, two .22-250s and a .220 Swift. I love them all but the .22-250 is my 'go-to' gun.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I agree with Predator Hunter regarding the 22-250. I have a .17 Rem, .22 Rem, .223 Rem, two .22-250s and a .220 Swift. I love them all but the .22-250 is my 'go-to' gun.
Want to sell that Swift?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts