New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .222 that I just recently put a bushnell sportsman 3x9x40 scope on. The issue I am having is that the bolt is actually hitting the scope itself. I moved it back as far as I could but it still didn't fix the problem. Of course it has to be a side mount rifle. The main problem is, when I unload a round (not fired) it won't eject the shell as the bullet is still not out of the chamber. I can't pull the bolt far enough back as it hits the scope. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have a .222 that I just recently put a bushnell sportsman 3x9x40 scope on. The issue I am having is that the bolt is actually hitting the scope itself. I moved it back as far as I could but it still didn't fix the problem. Of course it has to be a side mount rifle. The main problem is, when I unload a round (not fired) it won't eject the shell as the bullet is still not out of the chamber. I can't pull the bolt far enough back as it hits the scope. Suggestions?
not exactly shore what your saying here pal without a pic, but am guessing that a higher set of rings will cure your problem!!

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
not exactly shore what your saying here pal without a pic, but am guessing that a higher set of rings will cure your problem!!
thinking same thing.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Higher rings but try to avoid see tru's as you will loose accuracy. Also you could always install a longer eye relief scope and cheat it a bit towards the front to allow for the bolt throw back.

I'm curious, you're .222, is it a Rem or a Rem Mag?

tks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bullseye it is a .222 rem

thanks for the input guys, I had it up to the gun dealer and they put it on for me. I may have to take it back up and see what they can do. Im a good shot, just not so good with the adding or removing of parts lol. Still new to all this

·
Registered
229 Posts
bullseye it is a .222 rem

thanks for the input guys, I had it up to the gun dealer and they put it on for me. I may have to take it back up and see what they can do. Im a good shot, just not so good with the adding or removing of parts lol. Still new to all this
They guys in the shop are NOT gunsmiths. Have them send it to their gunsmith for a proper installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts