New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wondering what you think or have heard about the SXR semi in 300 wsm, i've read the reviews and know some of the pros and cons but really like the semi rifles and this rifle fits me better than all the rest..What do you know i should? RR

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Nothing to say about the combination, don't know much about this one, except the caliber, it's what I hunt with. I took 3 kwik pops with my Tikka bolt this fall, don't know how it would feel with a semi action, must be a blast!

I love my 300WSM, it's the gun for me. The gun has downed 2 bucks and 3 bulls so far and I love it. My father finds it too much of a canon, and some guys develop a flinch at the range with some of those calibers, so you may want to consider this.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
and some guys develop a flinch at the range with some of those calibers, so you may want to consider this.

Good luck.
He just sold a 338win mag...so recoil shouldnt be a problem.
As far as the WSM goes, Its a dandee Cal 4 shhhhore Ca'mon.
Will match the performance of the win mag with all things being equal!!

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
He just sold a 338win mag...so recoil shouldnt be a problem.
As far as the WSM goes, Its a dandee Cal 4 shhhhore Ca'mon.
Will match the performance of the win mag with all things being equal!!
Listen to Wonsky's wisdom Ridge; just don't be foolish and buy yourself a 45-70 Gov't in Marlin Lever

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Listen to Wonsky's wisdom Ridge; just don't be foolish and buy yourself a 45-70 Gov't in Marlin Lever
You only wish you could have one...But then again them boys from the North Shore got no guts anyways!!
Hawoooooooooooo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts