New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well fellaw hunters only 32 days until moose season, i hope the temperature holds up, hope it rains alot the first couple of weeks of septembre and nice and very cool the week of moose hunting.....Cant wait to see the bones on the head, we should be getting some pictures this week of velvet coming off.....

Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
hope the temperature holds up, hope it rains alot the first couple of weeks of septembre
---- LOL

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
"baby due the week after"

Congrats...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks! I didnt expect to get a moose tag or i would of tried to plan something different! But we are getting lots of scouting done thats for sure! Nothing more relaxing then a nice little drive

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
We're getting into that final preparatory stage when cooler nites and shorter days hit at the end of summer, cams are checked on a weekly basis, final preps to stand sites, access to and from our hunting areas, and wide ranging scouting in and around the zone, in order to have some fallback options.

Final preps to the camp and the camp yard to accomodate a wild bunch of yahoo's (we're 14 in camp this year, not counting Moosebuck and his crew a few clicks away...), close to 20 guys in all, spread over 4 tags.

My brother is camp cook, and does a fine job at it, I wouldn't want to be doing the groceries for such a big bunch of guys (we usually give him the $$$, and he takes care of the grub).

He can cook for a regiment and it's always delicious. All I have to worry about is not running out of beer lol! (no easy task...
)

Biggest problem right now is trying to fit 3 travel trailers in the camp yard for additional sleeping quarters. We don't want to split the posse.....way too much fun when everybody's around the same campfire.

Great times indeed!

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
"you can just feel it in the air"
So true, Tis the Season to be Jolly..

·
Registered
634 Posts
It's got to get alot colder or this season is going to be a piece of piss!

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the moose hunt but not when it's 27 celsius as it was 2 years ago. Rush to get your moose home. Nothing but a big swetty day. Bad enough dealing with flies and moose that don't respond to calling.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In exactly 3 weeks there will be some keen hunters hitting the woods in hopes of harvesting a swamp donkey. Nothing like the smell of coffee, gunpowder and a dead moose on a cool September morning.

·
Registered
627 Posts
No tag this year but can't help but look forward to the season. I was into the area I usually hunt and in front of my stamd is like a cow pasture. May go sit in the stand with my cameras.(if nobody is hunting in the area) My wife says she may have to get me out of the province for those 3 days or it might be too much for her to stand. Good luck to all you guys, and I hope you get the big one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
In exactly 3 weeks there will be some keen hunters hitting the woods in hopes of harvesting a swamp donkey. Nothing like the smell of coffee, gunpowder and a dead moose on a cool September morning.
Can't wait,the weather is kinda screwing things up,but hopefully everything will pan out.
Don't forget your pepper boys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree pepper does work good...But...IMO vinegar cut 50% by water in a squirt bottle is best...IMO it works better and no spicing the meat and very easy to use...
Happy Moose hunting all!
Cheers
Bam

·
Registered
116 Posts
We got out on Sept 1st for moose here in the NWT. We took the jet boat for a cruise down the McKenzie River near to community of Wrigley. We didn't see any moose but found some real good spots to hunt. We're gonna camp out next weekend and see what happens hopefully we can get a nice bull. We've gotr enough time to pick and choose so we'll see We did see a HUGE Grizzly tho which was cool. I haven't had the opportunity to see one in the wild until then and let me tell you... They look even bigger in real life. I took some pics which I will post for you guys...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts