New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i guess we had a good moose hunt, had 4 tags, and all are filled, Bulleyes got a monster bull (ill let him brag about it), i shot a 650lbs female, my bud shot a nice 38'' bull (bulleyes bull is bigger) and my other bud shot a 500lbs female, in all we had a great time during 2010 moose hunt....pictures will fallow shortly (monday morning), ive seen some monster bulls a the registry station, 67'' bull 63'' bull and lots around the 60'' mark, There is still lots of moose out there for another hunt LOL
. I hope everyone had good luck with theyre moose hunt....

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Yipper, incredible moose hunt for our (huge) hunting party of 17 guys, 4 beautiful moose, all harvested in the areas we maintain with trail cams, stand sites and salt licks.

First 40 inch bull came out to the call on the first morning, classic hunt;

Moosebuck was 2nd on Friday at first light with a huge female shot over his mineral lick;

I came in 3rd a mere 10 minutes later with a 54 inch rutting bull for my dad, my brother and my son (3 generation hunt, very memorable), stories and pics to follow.

Our last party came in with a nice female shot while driving the roads on Friday evening about 6:30pm.

To top it all off, my brother caught 2 salmon on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning before the hunt.

I guess you could say 2010 was a real cast and blast!!!

Eager to read stories and pics of other forum members.

·
Registered
531 Posts
4 out of 4...that's great! Congrats to you all.
Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good job guys!Its a good feeling to fill all those tags.We had 3 tags total out of our camp and filled them all on friday morning.Sounds like lots of success everywhere this year,it will be interesting to hear the final stats for the season.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congrats guys, can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
39 Posts
congrats we had 4 lisence as well and filled all 4 tags at our camp, we shot a 7 pt bull at 7 am thurday morning. a hunt to remember for sure.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Here's a 38 inch bull harvested on Friday morning calling in between wind lulls;

Here's our 54 inch 18pt bull harvested on Friday morning spot/shot/stalked and called back out to shooting range (twice)!

Here's a pic of the 4th moose harvested on Friday evening in a pouring rain with 30 minutes of daylight left, driving the roads and spotted in a cutline, perfect shot in the hump, dropped in its tracks. Also showing the heads of the 2 bulls I had brought back for caping out:

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
We sure did. Great bunch of guys in camp, superb eating (my brother is chef unreal in camp), good pre-season scouting/ guiding (moosebuck, myself and another buddy), and great shooting by the hunters, no injured moose, all clean kills, the way I like to see it end out of respect for these animals. A mix of old wisdom, veteran hunters, experienced ones, novices and young blood thrown into the mix makes for great campfire stories...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts