New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Up until this morning I have seen 10 deer...small bucks and does.
It was 9a.m. when I arrived at my blind this morning because I still hunted my way in.At 10:05a.m. I had a 10 pointer step out at 35 yards broadside in front of me but before I could get the crosshairs on him he made a jump into thick cover.The buck then proceeded to circle me and when he was almost behind me I made a few soft doe calls.In about 2 minutes time I saw some brown moving back around to the front of me(there was a blowdown between him and me) and I looked and saw a hole through the blowdown.Before the deer got to the hole I caught a glimpse of antler and thought it was him.When the foreshoulder appeared in the hole I fired and I watched the 10 pointer get out of my sight in 2 leaps.I could not believe I had missed so I got out of the blind and went to where the deer was when I fired and found the following deer dead on the ground.To say I was surprised would be an understatement but needless to say my season is over.The decoy pictured below actually worked for me bringing deer in on 3 different occasions in combination with scents.

My buck and I.

Closeup of my tag for the contest.

Miss November and a Tinks Hot Bomb.My first time using a decoy.

Natural Scrape.

My Scrape Dripper over the scrape.

Moultrie IR Game Camera.

Ground Blind Setup.

Ready for the trip out of the woods.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks.This was also my first season using ground blinds.I always spent my deer seasons hanging around in treestands when I wasn't still hunting.He will definitely be a better cut of meat than the 10 pointer whose neck was really swollen.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks.This was also my first season using ground blinds.I always spent my deer seasons hanging around in treestands when I wasn't still hunting.He will definitely be a better cut of meat than the 10 pointer whose neck was really swollen.
Congrats on the deer from the ground blind that must have been exciting as hell with the bow.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Congrats dude! I know you must have been disappointed, thinking it was the bigger buck. But A Buck is a Buck, and they all look the same on your plate. Enjoy!

I'm really looking forward to trying out a blind myself next season.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
nice deer...congrats!

and look hoytman and bowtech and country girl!
look who is in the background!!!!
MISS NOVEMBER!!!!
hehehehehe
got ya guys!

now who is the smart one!

thanks 4everbowhunt!
just made my day!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Way to go, 4everbowhunt!
Congrats!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wonderful Buck and a great story for the memory bank!!! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
good job man and you should have some great meals from that buck.
antlers are tough chewing anyway LOL (just trying to add some humor)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congrats 4ever!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts