New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm not much into exreme antlers but this short video shows what can be achieved on a deer farm with the best in genetics, hormones and God knows what else. He's kinda freaky, I think and not very comfortable with all that antler.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow incredible! It doesn't look like a whitetail though, do the have that fur color while they are in velvet?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Just to help with your whitetail education DRH it is referred to as deer hair not fur although they are chemically the same.

That is their typical summer color.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
damnit how did they trap and transport the deer i was goin after next year.

Really tho that is sad to me. Some idiots pay to go shoot these pets also, and then call it the hunt of a lifetime

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with nbduckhunter, it's sad to think some people call them deer farms a hunt of a lifetime. Try and grow a deer like that without steroids and beeffatner it would never happen. It's a good thing that boone and crockett don't accept pets for the record books or we would be looking at that deer on their trophy watch page on their web-site.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's very unlikely this deer will ever be shot. With genes like his he is much more valuable alive. Be interesting to find out what his sperm sells for to other deer farms. Not all deer farms have canned hunts or any kind of hunts. A lot sell deer to private hunt clubs, restaurants, and even a few states buy deer from farms to change the genetics of their herds.

·
Registered
409 Posts
A lot sell deer to private hunt clubs, restaurants, and even a few states buy deer from farms to change the genetics of their herds.
Not sure I'd want any of those genes on my plate/in the herd or any resturaunt I visit....

He certainly does seem to have "issues" gettin around with em....not fluid motion,neck is hung lower.
No wonder IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts