New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
348 Posts
Well I had a great weekend thanks to Bowtech. Two friends and myself were invited to hunt Bowtech's property this weekend and I managed to shoot my first mature buck (Pic in the Gallery - don't have patients to put it in the thread). This buck has been well photographed by Bowtech and apparently was spotted on a trailcamera 3km away on Wednesday (Shot him Saturday).

The storey is we arrived at legal hunt on Saturday and all three of us crossed the field together. The other two sat in a stand overlooking the field while I intended to walk about 1 km uphill to another stand. I was walking very slow and after about 15 minutes of walking I was about 200 yards up the road; however, the road bends behind the field stand so I was really only about 80 yards from the two in the stand. They had been grunting (I couldn't hear it) and I shot this buck about 10 seconds after their last grunt. All I heard was a deer running between me and them, I thought I had jumped a deer but in reality he had just entered the woods from a cut and was trotting to find out where the grunt came from. I just stood still and all of a sudden the deer turns and comes in my direction, I see a good rack and then the deer stops almost broadside. I was half stund but quickly raised my gun and dropped him (30 yard shot). Took 30 mins from the time we left the truck...lol. I didn't expect my first mature buck to be this easy.

I can't thank Bowtech enough. I definately believe in QDMA after this experience, since they passed on this buck last year.

Stats: 3.5 yr old buck, 30 yard shot, 30.06 and field dressed 188 lbs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Way to go!!!
Congrats!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Congratulations!!! Beauty of a Buck.

You must of had a SW Wind.......

·
Registered
925 Posts
Awesome job! That bucks a beauty.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Congratulations on your monster WaMT!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Congrats, WaMT! Guess all BT's farm needed was a real hunter.
The truth always hurts the worst
Just took a real hunter to tag him I guess
. I kind of downplayed it the other day as I said I wouldn't have shot such a puny deer in the first place that's the only reason I didn't shoot him first

NBGuide...Actually the stand he was going to required a NW wind which is what we had that day. Only problem was he never got anywhere near it before he shot him

1 - 15 of 15 Posts