New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
No the president and regional reps of the NBWF ARE NOT named by government.

Get involved with your local clubs and be active with them and the NBWF.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No the president and regional reps of the NBWF ARE NOT named by government.

Get involved with your local clubs and be active with them and the NBWF.
Thanks for the correction takin' time. As you can see, there needs to be more information given to hunters about the NBWF. We used to hear from it a long time agobut now. It's like it doesn't exist. The fact that there's no Local club here must have something to do with it. Maybe i can get involved with another club close to my place. From what you know, what has the NBWF tried in regards to the situation with spraying?

·
Registered
780 Posts
The post I made on the last page was from a NBWF member. He had attended the "info session" in Moncton put on by industry and government trying to convince clubs that all was OK - and he did not see any other hunters there, so I'd say he's more than doing his job. Good show Ron Whitehead!

The NBWF also had a biologist at their AGM just a month ago who spoke about herbicide and its impacts. They also signed a letter to the NB government and most of their clubs have voted to oppose the use of herbicide. What might be a really good idea is for the NBWF to assign one of their members as a NBH webmaster and have this person give regular updates to all the guys here on what they are up to. That would go a long ways to uniting us better.

The group that has members signed to it by government is the NBWTF - the group that dolls out the 5 bucks from every licence each year. very different group. NBWF represents hunters across the province and are very active at many projects, gun clubs, etc. across the province.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh believe me, i'm not saying that they are not doing anything. Just that lots of hunters like me don't know about it. Yes it's a problem of getting the information to the hunters i think. Those who have a local club are probably more informed.

We are a large group and a good proportion of the population. If we stood together and demanded to be heard an tell our gouvernement that we will vote against them if they don't stop the spraying, we might stand a chance. From what i can see, asking(it has been done over and over) doesn't seem to work. If it continues like it is right now. Very soon, we won't be talking about deer hunting because there will be nothing left to hunt.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Check out the New Brunswick Wildlife Federation website and look into member clubs.

They cover the whole province, there should be one around your area

21 - 26 of 26 Posts