New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the NS hunting site, and there is a topic about hunting coyotes with dogs.
Interesting to read the comments, and see the pictures.
Check it out.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Walkers and blueticks in Maine. Kill the hell out of em.
None of us care for coyote's because of there lowering of our deer herd.And being a ethical hunter who chooses the best in rifle and archery ammunition for quick ethical kills these pictures show me the owner of the dogs is an idiot.It's photo's like these that fuel anti hunters and I cannot blame them.I have seen 6 or 8 coyote's tear into a deer and eat it alive and it's grewsome to watch.But to post these on any site is just asking for problems.IMO

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am surprised that Dave havn't removed those pictures, It is hard to feel for a coyote, after they have killed a family pet, But they have feelings too.

·
Registered
726 Posts
None of us care for coyote's because of there lowering of our deer herd.And being a ethical hunter who chooses the best in rifle and archery ammunition for quick ethical kills these pictures show me the owner of the dogs is an idiot.It's photo's like these that fuel anti hunters and I cannot blame them.I have seen 6 or 8 coyote's tear into a deer and eat it alive and it's grewsome to watch.But to post these on any site is just asking for problems.IMO
What the hell is archery ammunition??? Why would you watch 6 or 8 coyotes eat a deer alive??

???????

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
i have to agree with x force i havent seen the pics fron ns but i have seen simmilar ones on fb im shure i hunt just as much as most on here probably more and pics of dogs tearing apart a live yote arnt cool. with all the people who are anti hunters get thes pics and show them to the outher (90% not shure on the number)people who dont hunt but vote and have a say.....not good

·
Registered
726 Posts
Its people like this that give us ligit hunters a bad name,I have no love for yoties but lets play fair lol
You guys need to open up YOUR EYES and see the whole world and not just little NB. People have hunted coyotes with dogs since at least the 1970's. Thats 40+ years. They'll be doing it for many more years to come GUARANTEED.

Also please don't put me in the "legit" hunter category. I've hunted rabbits, bears, ****, cats, and coyotes with hounds in Maine. Heading out this saturday for another rabbit hunt in Maine. What are you doing this Saturday....hunting or hanging out on the puter...I'M HUNTING WITH HOUNDS.

Lawmakers decide on whats legal and whats not. If you guys think your going to change Anti hunter/trappers minds your in dreamland. You start trying to change "another persons way of hunting" they'll MOST DEFINITELY try to change yours in return. Their isnt very many houndsmen who deer hunt also. They love using their dogs for the hunt. Take that from them and I'll bet they'll think killing a "poor, innocent deer" should be banned in return. Guess who wins PETA and HSUS. All with the help of hunters who judge a way of hunting that I'm willing to bet VERY FEW of you on here have ever participated in or seen first hand. If you love hunting then try all aspects of it instead of a narrow minded tunnel vision view of something you've never done. You might just like it. RANT IS OVER.

Thanks

Tim

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
I like doing the killin and not let a dog do it for me. as with what they do when coyote/dog fighting(hunting).. now rabbit and cat and all the outher stuff i have no problem with. Is dog fighting against the law and how is this diffrent except the given outcome...

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like doing the killin and not let a dog do it for me. as with what they do when coyote/dog fighting(hunting).. now rabbit and cat and all the outher stuff i have no problem with. Is dog fighting against the law and how is this diffrent except the given outcome...
Do you think the dogs killed that coyote?? I'm betting no. I'm betting the whole pot by the way. You think that hunting with hounds is having the dog kill the animal. NOT SO. Hunters kill the animals.

Did you see the dogs kill this coyote or bay it up?? I only seen them keeping it at bay until a shot could be taken.

Would you shoot that coyote under the house with YOUR dogs that close?? I wouldnt

Would you shoot it in the river with your dogs that close?? Again I wouldnt take the chance of killing my best dog.

The whole key to hunting with hounds is to not shoot your Best Dogs in the process.

Do bears always go up a tree?? Absolutely not. Do the dogs fight with the bear and keep it at bay on the ground?? Absolutely they do. Would you run right in and start shooting at the bear on the ground? If given the opportunity yes. Sometimes this happens several times before you can get a safe shot off.

Do cats always go up trees?? Absolutely not. Again the dogs bay it and fight at it on the ground. Do they kill it. NO

What do you think happens when you shoot a **** out of a tree 20 feet up?? It falls and the dogs start biting it.

Your seeing what a cameraman took pics of. Like KPR said this all took place in approximately 5 minutes of real time. Put that in perspective.

Do you have a hunting dog?? The whole enjoyment is training your dog to hunt and then seeing the finished product while hunting.

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
ill take that bet iv seen vids of them tearing a yote apart... and for the rest of it i dont no but a spade is a spade and thats the way i saw it done maby in maine its not done that way but out west thats what happens(in places) .. i do have a hunting dog shes a retrever some people are good dog owners some are not the ones i beleave letting there dogs fight with the yotes 5-6 on one were not good dog owners. and yes i agree that it could happen with all the outher game but its not intentional.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with NB guide. People have hunted with dogs for thousands of years, long before guns were even thought of. There is something as primal about hunting with dogs as hunting itself. If actual hunters win a battle for Pita, they are just making their own way of hunting come to an end that much quicker. As for these people being bad dog owners, these dogs are bred for and live for the chase. They are not happy sitting around the house, they are happy doing what they were bred to do, hunt. The only thing I can see them doing wrong was letting it go on too long before dispatching the yote, but I wasn't there, maybe they couldn't.

·
Registered
726 Posts
winchey are you talkin abou the pics or the vid off utube??
you must have superb eyes to see those dogs "tearing" that coyote apart. I didnt see em kill it. Its called BAYING ON THE GROUND. The whole pot again. Show me some vids of close up hunts of dogs killing coyotes and not hunters. The whole pot!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I agree with NB guide. People have hunted with dogs for thousands of years, long before guns were even thought of. There is something as primal about hunting with dogs as hunting itself. If actual hunters win a battle for Pita, they are just making their own way of hunting come to an end that much quicker. As for these people being bad dog owners, these dogs are bred for and live for the chase. They are not happy sitting around the house, they are happy doing what they were bred to do, hunt. The only thing I can see them doing wrong was letting it go on too long before dispatching the yote, but I wasn't there, maybe they couldn't.
X1000000000 especially on "but I wasnt there maybe they couldnt"

·
Registered
90 Posts
X1000000000 especially on "but I wasnt there maybe they couldnt"
Talking about the pictures on NS hunting forum. I haven't seen the videos but I have seen lots of boar hunting videos. There are dogs that keep a distance and bay, and there are also catch dogs that will attempt to hold game physically. Either way there purpose is to hold or corner game so the hunter can dispatch.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts