New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Andy Wishart Memorial Gun Dog Stake is scheduled for September 19th in Debec at Harold Hatfield's grounds.
This is a fun stake for pointing dogs. Dogs are not expected to be broke to wing and shot.
$20 entry fee. Lunch at the WI Hall. This is a family friendly event.

Call Basil Hawkins with your entry by Friday Sept 17- 506-444-8081.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have a pointing dog but wouldn't mind stopping by and checking the event out.
Can anyone tell if spectators are welcome, and what the event is like for a spectator?

Thanks,

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went as a spectator to the one labour day weekend in nackawic and they went out of their way to get me involved, had a great time walking 3 braces in my sandals while everyone else wore rubber boots. Got to see some really nice dogs. After that I really wanted to enter my pup in this event but unfortunately he will be in Maine running a Navhda test.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
J Pryde,

Spectators are welcome to walk the courses and watch the dogs. Would love to have you.

Take Sherwood Road just past the store in Debec and when you come to the first y take the right and you can't miss us.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could have used a few more birds but had a lot of fun at the trial. The flight birds are coming soon.

The winners:

First-Sam- Setter Male, Jonathon Burtt, Fredericton, NB
Second- Ela- Britt Female, Tom Wilkins, Young's Cove, NB
Third- Mickette-Pointer Male, Donald Cluney Grand Pre,NS
Fourth-Shared by Mookie- Britt Male, Kevin Case, Moncton, NB and Molly-GSP Female, Darrell Wright, Keswick, NB

Thanks to the judges Ron Ashfield and Dave Clark for looking over all the dogs.

Thanks to Basil Hawkins for chairing the trial and Harold Hatfield for the use of his great grounds.

The meal at the WI hall didn't disappoint.

Thank-you to Nancy Wishart for coming up to present the ribbons and plaque.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts