New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys get apples around the moncton area and how much are they? I found a guy on kijiji selling 50 lb bags for $5 but he dont got anymore this year.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Where do you guys get apples around the moncton area and how much are they? I found a guy on kijiji selling 50 lb bags for $5 but he dont got anymore this year.
have you tried the apple orchard in memramcook?
i think it is a winery also!
i used to get them there when i lived in moncton!

·
Registered
531 Posts
A few convenience stores have had them. I had picked up a bag at the old Mollins store (not sure what it's called now) on Salisbury Rd, near Toys for Big Boys. Brian's Variety in Lower Coverdale had a wagon load of them as well.

Not sure if either of them have anymore.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
A few convenience stores have had them. I had picked up a bag at the old Mollins store (not sure what it's called now) on Salisbury Rd, near Toys for Big Boys. Brian's Variety in Lower Coverdale had a wagon load of them as well.

Not sure if either of them have anymore.
i have got apples from them also country girl!
i think it was $5 a bag 50 lb bag!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Do to inflation they were $7 this year! lol
But in previous years they were always $5.

Still $7 for a 50lb bag of apples...can't beat it!

For the deer that come out in my back yard, I treat them with some oats & molasses, as well. (Co-op...$15-$20 bag) They absolutely love the stuff. Funny, I've never thought about hunting one of those deer. Those ones are kinda like pets.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't mean to be rude but make your mind up Country Girl. One day you're dead set against baiting and the next day you're giving fellas advice on where to buy apples.

Also, I've been driving down the highway and seeing piles of apples on the shoulder of the road...just wondering if anyone knows what this could be from. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Do to inflation they were $7 this year! lol
But in previous years they were always $5.

Still $7 for a 50lb bag of apples...can't beat it!

For the deer that come out in my back yard, I treat them with some oats & molasses, as well. (Co-op...$15-$20 bag) They absolutely love the stuff. Funny, I've never thought about hunting one of those deer. Those ones are kinda like pets.
i heard that the oats and molasses work...was gonna try it...but i dont want the damm bears coming back

yes....the deer do almost become pets!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Don't mean to be rude but make your mind up Country Girl. One day you're dead set against baiting and the next day you're giving fellas advice on where to buy apples.

Also, I've been driving down the highway and seeing piles of apples on the shoulder of the road...just wondering if anyone knows what this could be from. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.
No offense is taken. But I think you have me mixed up with the wrong gal. lol I don't believe I've posted on any of the baiting topics. I do put out apples and oats for the deer at home, so I'm totally fine with ppl that bait.

Do you maybe have me mixed up with Girlscout?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No offense is taken. But I think you have me mixed up with the wrong gal. lol I don't believe I've posted on any of the baiting topics. I do put out apples and oats for the deer at home, so I'm totally fine with ppl that bait.

Do you maybe have me mixed up with Girlscout?
Too early in the morning, you got me on that one...Girlscout haha, she's the one I was after :S

·
Registered
531 Posts
LOL. Fresh Rub, I was pretty certain that you had mixed me up with someone else. I hear ya about bein' morning...I'm trying to come out of stealth mode and back into work mode for the next couple of days. What I'm really wishing for is stronger coffee, a nap or to take the rifle for a walk.

i heard that the oats and molasses work...was gonna try it...but i dont want the damm bears coming back

yes....the deer do almost become pets!!!
I've been lucky that I haven't had any bear come out behind the house. But if you've had bear to your site, I wouldn't recommend the stuff. You can smell the stuff from a mile away. Smells like fresh molasses cookies fresh out of the oven.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
the green pig in Salisbury was selling apples $8 for a 50lb feed sack
I think they are closing down for the season this weekend though.

you could also call Le Fleur du Pomme in cocgange

1 - 12 of 12 Posts