New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
A-lways R-ough G-oing O-ut there.Expensive limited uses,very expensive to repair,parts costly labour worse.Hard to get at things that break and they wear out bearings,chains,tensioners etc real fast.If you use it alot expect $1500-$2000 in parts and labour per year.In my opinion anyone looking for a pleasure vehical argo isnt the one.
What you say may be true, but I see a LOT of 4 wheelers (Honda, Polaris, Yamaha, Suzuki, Can Am, etc..) having engines rebuilt with less than 5000 kms on them, suspension bearings, drive belts, cv joints, axles, tie rods, and ball joints, etc. going regualrly. I can't imagnine rebuilding an engine comes cheap. or a drive belt @ over $100 a pop. So it seems like most ATVs can be expensive to own, not just Argo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
To each his own. It is whatever you want. You don't have to go the Dealer for everything. I spoke to one guy and he had parts matched at Randy Pond's. He matched his chain up at Motion Canada in Hartland for less than half price. I have matched bearings up for an ATV and I guess that the bottom line is that you have to be resourceful. I love my Argo and agree that it has its limitations...but; it also has it's advantages just like anything else and is unique. $1500-2000? a year does sound excessive and I understand your point of view. I wouldn't categorize an Argo or an ATV as a pleasure vehicle either but if someone wants to...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts