New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
I like the biscuit for holding my arrows in place whether in the tree or still hunting on the ground.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I use an Octane Hostage, similar to the biscuit, but less friction on the launch.

I have a quick-tune 4000 drop away, that I took off.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Limbdriver on both of my target bows. Love them! Wouldn't use anything else for that application, because they are fast, simple to set up, and tune.
I use Whisker Biscuit on my hunting bow, because you can literally shoot it upside down, and your arrow will not fall off. I wouldn't mind using the Limbdriver on a hunting bow, if I was only shooting on the ground. But I don't want to have an arrow fall 15 feet when I have a deer under me.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
whisker biscuit and trophy taker drop away

no good reason why..

·
Banned
159 Posts
I ordered a QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD a few days ago for my setup. If its as good as they advertise then it should be the best of both types. I looked at Ripcord drop aways to but if you let off your bow you have to re-set your rest before you draw again, you don't have to with QAD.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter Drop Away cause it's everything I could want in a rest

·
Registered
542 Posts
i hade a muzzy zero effects on my bow found it awfull loud hard on flechings took it to a few places never did get it set up right hade to go back to the biscuit

·
Registered
495 Posts
X2....TT drop away on my last bow and a WB on the current set-up.Good reason though...the WB came with it,lol.I really liked the WB though,this being my first year hunting with one.It really suits my style of doing a fair bit of stalking/stillhunting....I'm sure I could twirl the bow like a baton and the arrow would stay in place...in fact,I put it to the test.Ok,not quite twirling it,but every conceivable angle.

That said,I might still upgrade to a full capture drop away next year in an attempt to have the best of both worlds?I haven't shot enough arrows through the WB yet to really make a fair assesment or even shot a single arrow beyond 30 yards.I did notice some vanes curling,but can't say for sure whether that was from the WB or from shooting through my target?Seems to be good product,especially if you do alot of ground hunting,then again,in the past I never really had any problems keeping an arrow nocked and in place with the drop-away with my bow hand on the grip and a finger on the arrow....it's just easier with the WB.I'm sure a drop-away is a bit faster,more accurate at longer distance,and quieter,but inside 30 yards I can't see it making much difference.
I seen this in action on an APA bow, seems to work great, holds as well as a biscuit but doesn't have the friction of the biscuit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts