New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
called today when i head rumours the base shutdown the bea hunt...its true...and im not to happy about it
no spring bear or varmint hunting he said...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
agree but i called myself today and asked about it...the range control fella told me specifically NO spring bear or varmint...he told me the base commander put the rule in action...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Listen guys there is a really large exercise taking place on base starting in two weeks and running till almost june and it encompasses a vast majority of the training area. Yes it sucks but its a situation we have to face here as being one of the major training facilities for the army. this is the Combat Team Commanders Course if you are wondering. So yes it sucks but remember the season would be open if this wasn't happening so relax just a bit.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Russ - go into Range Control and ask them WHY there will be not season.
You as a hunter - will not be happy with the answer you receive.

Lets just say...the ANTIS are getting their way on this one - much like they TRIED to do two moose seasons ago down there!

Should be interesting to see how this unfolds. I'd expect to be reading and watching this one in the news!

So Russ - let us know your findings.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ya i remember the moose season in 09 i had my tag for here and leading up to the season had to completely change my plans on which area of the base i was hunting because of stuff being closed. but that exercise that fall was the same one that is taking place this spring CTCC. but i have some really good friends at range control i will make some calls and see what i find out for sure they better not shut down the base to fishing cause i will be peeved lol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is there any reason to think that it might be open to fishing but not hunting?Wouldn't the safety concerns be the same whether one is carrying a rifle or a rod?I've "heard" rumors that the "REAL" commander wears a skirt and carries a PETA card,ie: the BC's wife?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Is there any reason to think that it might be open to fishing but not hunting?Wouldn't the safety concerns be the same whether one is carrying a rifle or a rod?I've "heard" rumors that the "REAL" commander wears a skirt and carries a PETA card,ie: the BC's wife?
Thats the word Hawkeye! Thats the word!
I know 2 people were told that at RC this week!

·
Registered
163 Posts
for fishing i meant throughout the summer...but i guess for me it only matters till june and then i am posted so i will have to learn a whole new area. look out greenwood nova scotia cause here i come. well at least i know the nova scotia sites are at least half as good as the NB sites so should be a little info there hehe. but all my moose hunting will be in albert county NB. i will always be an albert county boy at heart. WOOOOT

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is alot of training going on. Its no diff than any other year. The areas used for training only take up a small part of a very large training area. The base Com just doesnt want hunters here. He tried the same last year but it looks like he got his way this time

·
Banned
348 Posts
There is alot of training going on. Its no diff than any other year. The areas used for training only take up a small part of a very large training area. The base Com just doesnt want hunters here. He tried the same last year but it looks like he got his way this time
The Outfitters Association is pissed to say the least. I heard this was going to happen (about a month ago). The person telling me said it was because the BC wanted to use the base for training and not have to appeal to the general public when it comes to environmental issues (watercourses, etc). He wanted to train the soldiers for combat and not have to worry about killings some fish, frogs, trees, etc.

Let's hope the base opens for fall bear hunt

·
Registered
925 Posts
Well there goes my plans for this spring. I really don't have a lot of time to get a bait going but I guess I'll have to find the time now.

Wow that's great for all you military folk.........a base commander with no balls.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont know to much about the rules of the agreement that the army had with the landowners but a very reliable source told me that when they took over the land it was agreed that the land was to be used for hunting and fishing for the rest of time....how can they legally do that?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts