New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my first bear...well actualy I should say that me and my five year old daughter got "our" first bear! It was the most enjoyable hunt I ever had.I decided to go for a bear hunt last friday evening, since I had not had a chance to go hunting yet.My bait site had only been hit by bears once since the moose season so I didn't see much point in sitting in front of a bait that wasn't being hit,so I decided to go to a huge open area that I know of that had some bear sign in it.But before I was ready to leave my five year old daughter asked if she could go with me.I didn't really want to take her because it was my first time hunting bear and I was planing on doing quite a bit of walking,but when one of my girls asks me for something she usually gets it!
We headed off to the area that I was planing on going to,got out of the truck and started walking.We walked slowly for about three or four minutes turned a corner and there was a bear about three hundred yards away completely up wind of us,he didn't have a clue that we were there.I thought that my little girl was going to burst out of her skin when she saw the bear.(talk about someone get excited)We put a stalk on him and got to about one hundred fifty yards from him,we got up behind a pile of rocks,I put the crosshairs on his shoulder and squeazed off a shot...droped him on the spot.My little girl shouted "GOT HIM" gave me a high five.When we got up to the bear she was more excited than I was,she grabed it by the ears and smiled from ear to ear.When we got it home she helped me skin it, and she was with me when I brought it to the butcher.So I have to say that it was "our" bear.Seeing her reaction and her excitement and sharing a hunt with one of my girls definately made this hunt my best ever!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Man that is awesome!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wow....Brings back memories of being a lil girl hunting with my dad!

Congrats on a great hunt with your little girl!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a few pictures to share as well,but I can't figure out how to upload them from my computer....any suggestions?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's Hoytman,the pics are in the gallery under "bear",the captions are Birddog's 2010 bear hunt...I really need to take a computer course

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's again Hoytman!!He's not a big bear but in this case the size of the trophy doesn't matter much to me....it's the memories of the hunt that are the real trophy!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to take my daughter on her first hunt with me. a couple more years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts