New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did someone say they didn't get deer because only big woods around where they hunt.I think that is part of the problem ,deer need big woods to winter and hide to grow old in. I love big woods to get lost in ,sometimes litterly but i have droped my pants a time or to in there did the paperwork stood up and there was deer ,moose etc. looking at me.I even shot Nine point with my pants down,did paperwork went got buck.learned don't put gun out of reach as you never know.I have rattled did paperwork stood up and said to my self what now and now appears.I have found areas all tore up {rubs scrapes} and said how would i get it out if i shot one{before 4 wheelers}those areas enspired me to press on. No trail cams then only look for size of tracks size of rubs find big porky chewed antler these feed imgaination keep you comming back.I have missed nice bucks because i was admiring size of trees looking up instead of around ,started a small fire warmed sandwich and hands ,met no one all day and found my way home even if in wrong direction{ note to self always take compass} note {always beleave compass even if you think its wrong} note {keep metal away from compass} been there done that.I think if you hang out in big woods long enough ,find sign sit ass down , stay aware it will sometimes all come clear .Note take 2 apples eat yourself.IF you don,t see what you are looking for take home the experance it may last longer than any buck.

·
Registered
925 Posts
No excuse, big woods mean big bucks! Yes there are less but but I went for 5 years straight getting a big woods buck. Then I missed a monster one year and last year I didn't see an antler. So that means I'm due, which is good for me and my team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts