New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called DNR in Fredericton to see when the next bow course is. She said it was sheduled as of right now for April 3rd. I asked about challenging the course and she said as of right now they are not offering that because they don't have the resources.

·
Banned
348 Posts
I called DNR in Fredericton to see when the next bow course is. She said it was sheduled as of right now for April 3rd. I asked about challenging the course and she said as of right now they are not offering that because they don't have the resources.
What....there goes my plan

·
Registered
909 Posts
what do you mean when you say challenging course??

·
Registered
29 Posts
So you need a bow to challenge the course? I was going to do the challange and then get my new bow(mine is about 20 years old and hasn't been shot for about 10 years).DNR in Dieppe is doing a Challenge Course on the 8th of March and one on the 12th of April as far as I know. The Dieppe number is 856-2344 if you want to call them directly.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you need a bow to challenge the course? I was going to do the challange then get my new bow(mine is about 20 years old and not shot for 10 years).DNR in Dieppe is doing a Challenge Course on the 8th of March and one on the 12th of April as far as I know. The Dieppe number is 856-2344 if you want to call them directly.
Part of the course is actually shooting your bow so you need to buy or borrow one to use.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I also called the DNR in fredericton and got a somewhat different answer. they didnt know if you could challenge at first, then i got a call back from someone saying that they dont typically do the challenge for the bow course but if you really cant make one of the course dates then they would consider it.
i already went through challenging the gun course and hunter safety, not sure why they cant offer a bow challenge. i know you need to learn how to use a bow but really.. if youve already gotten all your hunter safety and gun courses i really do not see why a person needs to do another for bows. they also told me you need your own bow, so can i go buy a bow without proving i did the course?
shinanigans if you ask me. shinanigans

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You can buy a bow without the course, you just can't hunt with a bow without the course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts