New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.I was thinking of taking up bow hunting again,haven,t since 1990. Looking for a light and short limbed bow.Any idea,s from you bow hunters would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well im not an experienced bow hunter but , I just bought a new Bear strike , it has a short ATA , very light and forgiving. Also wont break the bank.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi folks.I was thinking of taking up bow hunting again,haven,t since 1990. Looking for a light and short limbed bow.Any idea,s from you bow hunters would be appreciated.
Welcome.I to am a rookie.It's become very addictive sport.I only can suggest make a budget and stick to it.Go to as many archery shops as you can and see what they have to offer in your price range then shoot them 1st.Pick what you like.I know Atlantic archery has new pse brute's in stock very nice bow for price with new cams for 2011 and new better riser with 320 fps iob.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Shedhunternb, There are tons of bow choices out there today to choose from. So it is difficult for one shooter to choose a model for someone else. There are so many things to consider. I can easily give you ideas of what I myself would buy for a bow. But you may not like the look, or the price tag. Like everyone here usually advises, it is best to go to a local bow shop and shoot a few models to see what you prefer. Only problem with that is not all dealers in New Brunswick carry a lot of inventory.

Now after stating all of this, I can still give you a few recommendations perhaps. But I would start by asking you what kind of $$ are you prepared to shell out. And are you planning on this being a bow you want to keep for a while. Or are you just wanting to start out again on a budget, and then upgrade later on?
Also do you know what your draw length is, because some models offer more adjustment than others.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Now if I was just starting out in archery, and planned on keeping the bow for quite a while. I would go with the new Bowtech Assassin. This is a 2011 model that is being sold as a "RAK" (Ready Aim Kill) complete package. Even includes the peep, and loop for around $600 US. It is already getting great reviews as an "Awesome" bow. Especially for that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts