New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Arghhh, D*** bow.

Have one bow tuned and everything shoots the same place (main hunting bow).
(filed point and broadhead same POI)(drop away rest)

Now my backup bow will not shooot the da## muzzys to the same POI as my field points...
Always hitting high. Now i have sigted in for them for now(broadheads), but ive tried everything i can think of (raising/lowering nock point, raising and lowering bow poundage, backing off one limb or the other, even tried a different spined arrow. but always hitting high with muzzy's.

seems no matter what, with the biscuit rest, arrow leaves bow tail low...

any ideas???

maybe a different head? (G5 -- how do these fly?)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have heard muzzy's can sometimes be a pain to tune(never tried myself).I just spent probably over 4 hrs
chasing my FP and BH
and I have a wB on my bow.Don't know if it is the WB or what, but I was about ready to call it quits this year for bow.I am using G5 Montecs and the are suppose to be the better flyers.All I can offer is to start all over again(I did)and do a walk back tune,and then try your BH tune,just make real small adjustments,make sure your form is good.Good luck

SL

·
Registered
495 Posts
Someone posted a bow tuning PDF from Easton.

I took all the crap off my bow, and re-did it all following the tuning directions.

Including measurements with a vernier scale for accuracy. My shooting is much better now. I had my Hostage rest incorrectly placed, which was throwing my arrow flight off. I also learned that the nock does not go at 0, but almost 1/4 inch above 0.

The guide will help you tune for a finger release, or mechanical release, D-loop, or no D-loop.

It covers fine tuning for broad-head and field point as well.

If I can find it, I will repost it here with the credit to whoever posted it first. It was an excellent guide for getting things working perfect.

Posted by Murray, http://www.eastonarc...uning_guide.pdf

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Bow-Man, glad to see that the Easton tuning guide helped you out. It's the best tuning resource that I can find online...packed full of step by step instruction.

I hope it helps you too Mu'in.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it, lots of info in there
Going to try again!! (or switch to, dare i say it, mechanicals for deer. AHHHHH
)

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI.

Was using a longer 4in vane (came pre fletched on the arrow).
Seems this was the issue.

Re-vaned them with Blazers and 20/30/40yds
Field points and broadheads same POI...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts