New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i dont want to stir up no hornets nest but it seems a lot of peaple are selling there bowtech to buy pse are the new pse really as awsome as they all say ive been doing a lot of reading on all the new bows of course they all claim to have the best and fastest on the market there probley all nice bows.whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well yes they are the fastest, and that is true, but its all up to personal preference on whats the best, to me the pse line is the best, and i have shot most all bows including the darton, To other people like bowtech he wouldnt be caught dead with a pse, and hoytman wouldnt shoot anything but a hoyt, They are all really really good, but its up to you to find out whats the best for you, It is a very easy thing to do if you are new to bows and havent owned one before, because then you have no preference on grip. For me every other grip besides pse grip feels weird for me, Most all the bows are so close to call on performance, Pic the one that looks best to you and feels good in the hand, and you wont be dissapointed.

I dont know what kind of money your looking to spend, but as far as the top of the line bows in each company, you couldnt be dissapointed. Unless you dont buy a PSE lol hhehehehhe, Where are you located

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im close to st.john just like finding a guitar buying a bow as far as price there all pretty close it seems pse and bowtech are really popular

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dont always go with so called popular..go with wut u like in ur hands..mathews n hoyt n pse..bowtech..darton..even the new winchester..every make as a hi end bow..wut one guy likes..doesnt mean didly..its wut u like..ive owned pse..three in the past..my last one i jus couldnt get set up rite n got frustrated..i ended up orderin a darton without even bein able to handle it first..kinda lucked out n it panned out for me...get to a bow shop that has a big selection..make ur own choice,,,

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well ya but probably not as popular as either hoyt or mathews, in the states them americans love those two brands. If you whanted a pse i would send ya up to atlantic archery, but it seems like your unsure, I think the best thing you can do is to take a drive up to old town maine and check out that shop, He will have most of all the new bows there and is very nice guy to deal with, He will also give you a very good price on accesories, if you mention you drove down from nb, Also he will give you a 50 dollar irving gas card as long as you mention you are from nb, Look him up on the web old town archery shop, and see what he tell ya when you say your interested in coming down from nb,

What is yout budget anyways you looking for a complete pakage or what

·
Registered
909 Posts
Do to the lack of good archery dealers here (Fredericton)it's difficult for us to shoot a variety of different bows.This make buying somewhat difficult.And like everything from rifles to trucks we all have a different opinion.Before I purchased mt bow I watched many reviews and read a huge amount too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYeZfyDZsG0/personally apa makes awesome bows.limb savers are blistering fast and deadly quite.\for me price and service are very important.I have a friend who bought a mathews z7 on ebay and 1st shot limbs and cams exploded.But it was probley dry fired and that was not companys fault.But parts took 3 months to come in.For me that's not acceptable.So all in all I prefer PSE the price is excellent and service very fast and helpful.I cannot put down any competetor because I have not tried them.I think today they are all excellent.Do yourself a favor and buy mu'in pse brute bran new 2010 loaded.$800 spent selling $500.00 I shot it awesome bow(just google pse brute reviews and see for yourself.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The pse brute is a very nice bow, but in my mind it does not compare to the pse proline bows, I had a brute 3 years ago and loved it, but it isnt one of the proline bows, but for 500 dollars if that what your looking to spend you will have a hard time beating it. Pro line bow with all the fixins is gonna run you allot more. But if you where planning one spending 500 on a new complete package, do your self a favour and buy That brute, cuz you wont get a bow near as good for 500 new with all the goodies

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i want to check out the dream season evo or the omen if they get some in stock.

·
Registered
909 Posts
i want to check out the dream season evo or the omen if they get some in stock.
Now your talking!! Dream season evo 899.00 bare bow iob 345 fps suppose to be awesome rig.The new 2011 axe 6 is darn fine too for 779.00 345 fps too.at any rate see Bryan at atlantic archery has 20 bows coming in but back ordered.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
mocasonman Have you any prior shooting experience, If not i wouldnt recomened the omen, yes the speed sounds very good, but with the 5 inch brace height for a first bow i think it would be a mistake, I would look at the evo or the axe, I personaly whent with the axe, The axe is an awsome bow,

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mocasonman Have you any prior shooting experience, If not i wouldnt recomened the omen, yes the speed sounds very good, but with the 5 inch brace height for a first bow i think it would be a mistake, I would look at the evo or the axe, I personaly whent with the axe, The axe is an awsome bow,
ive been shooting off and on probley 20 years i just never hade a real good bow i shot a proline for years i went to put a new string on it and cables buddy said the limbe were snapping when he put it in the press that was about the best bow i hade .ive hade a few bears xi pse its time for a new one

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
id still be a litle worried of it unless you have very good form and have shot alot an are very very good with higher brace height bows by very very good i mean sub 1 inch groups all the time, from 20, and still at 30 must be very tight. I have shot the omens and they are great but there ment for pros i think

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol i better stay away from the omen it would be nice to try one out for the fun of it thanks for the info i was under the impression they were nice and easy to shoot between the axes and the evo i should find somthing thanks again

·
Registered
495 Posts
Keep in mind that some bows warranty are only good for the original owner so if you buy used, that may be a factor. Mathews bows are that way.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Buy what feels good and is in your price range.
Be it PSE, Bowtech, Hoyt or whatever.

I really dont think there is that big a difference between bows and bow Co.'s now a days -- IMO.

but i do have to say the PSE bows for price / performance are hard to beat.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Buy what feels good and is in your price range.
Be it PSE, Bowtech, Hoyt or whatever.

I really dont think there is that big a difference between bows and bow Co.'s now a days -- IMO.

but i do have to say the PSE bows for price / performance are hard to beat.
ESPECIALLY IF widowmaker is shooting it!!!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
now i dont want to stir up no hornets nest but it seems a lot of peaple are selling there bowtech to buy pse are the new pse really as awsome as they all say ive been doing a lot of reading on all the new bows of course they all claim to have the best and fastest on the market there probley all nice bows.whats your thoughts?
I can't imagine anyone selling a bowtech to buy PSE
but I imagine some might be sucked into manufacturiners claims
People sell Bowtechs because they have resale value whereas PSE are kind of like one time use items, you use them and then throw them away

Really find one that feels best to you and buy that, all the top companies bows shoot better than most of the people behind them. You will be a better shooter with a lower end bow that feels good in your hands than you will with a top end bow that doesn't since you are continually fighting the grip.

Shoot all the ones you can find in your price range and choose the one that feels best. Don't overbow yourself, be a shame to have the buck of a lifetime walk in front of you and not be able to pull your bow back or have to make so much movement that you get busted because you have been sitting there in the cold for 4 hours and are all stiffened up. I'm only shooting 53# on my guardian and I still get passthroughs. I can draw earlier and hold it longer waiting for the right shot angle. I wouldn't get sucked into the speed trend either, speed and light arrows = noise. Fine if you are using it for 3D but in a hunting situation I'll take quiet over sizzling speed any day. I think mine is IBO'd at 326 but with my set-up its going about 260fps or so which is plenty fast enough. Cranked to 60lbs with a medium weight 3-49 ACC's it goes 271-272fps.

Make sure your draw lenght isn't too long, better shorter than longer, especially once you get a pile of hunting clothes on.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You must have better information than the rest of us Widowmaker. The only recall I know of was on 60-70# limbs on the Bowtech General made between 2007 and 2008. The recall is still in effect as far as I know but only on the limbs for that model/year of the general. Funny PSE had limb problems for years but never did a recall, guess that is the difference. There isn't a company out there that hasn't had a problem at one time or another with cams/limbs/risers, etc.

If you have info on more recalls I'd like to know... maybe I could get a new bow for Christmas after all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts